Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, Thank God!

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Doesn't mean they'll actually run him less. Tomlin's M.O. is to run the wheels off his lead back, and that's Conner's role right now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's face it folks... it's an outdated strategy. I hope we will catch up with the times in respect to our current use (or abuse) we place on our RBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin’s MO has also been to let his coordinators coordinate...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It took Fitchner one game to realize a mistake that Haley never could. Hopefully he'll make the adjustment.

Starter

User Info Menu

I’m old school so I want to see our fullback Nix get about 5 or 6 carries a game too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All I know is that it has been a common thread, throughout MT's tenure here, to almost exclusively use the lead back, from Willie Parker on through Lev Bell. Maybe things will change under Fichtner. We shall see.

Legend

User Info Menu

"The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    All I know is that it has been a common thread, throughout MT's tenure here, to almost exclusively use the lead back, from Willie Parker on through Lev Bell. Maybe things will change under Fichtner. We shall see.
    We hope they will change. We've got to see Ridley and Samuels be used.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm happy the OC is realizing this as well! I could never understand this team's insistance on overusing one back! The OC should have recognized that it made no sense to run the wheels off of Connor in his first game - that decision was asinine! I know Connor was running well - but when we were up by 14 points and understandibly trying to milk the clock, nothing like a (fresh) change of pace back to finish wearing down the defense, instead of trying to pound a tired, overused back, over and over! I knew this from sitting on my couch!

This team is the only team I see who makes a habit out of "running the wheels" off a RB! Maybe if they wouldn't have overused LB to the degree that they have, he would still be here and not demanding so much money...