Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad now do we need this victory over the Chiefs?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How bad now do we need this victory over the Chiefs?

The question has to be asked; how bad do we need this Chiefs game?

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not going to be watching the Thursday nite game between the Ravens and Bengals. I thinkt the Ravens are going to beat the Bengals.

I know I've got a super bad taste in my mouth after the Browns game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

while embarrassing and extremely frustrating to finish with a tie it was not the worst outcome as it did avoid the loss

that said, the dominance the steelers have had over the chiefs needs to remain true...it is a huge game, make no mistake about it. Mahomes looks really good but hes going to be playing at heinz which will be no easy task for him. This is one that could definitely have tie breaker consequences come january

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Losing Haden for this game could hurt. Mahomes had a 256-yard, four-touchdown performance against the Chargers.

We might need 30 points for this win.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Losing Haden for this game could hurt. Mahomes had a 256-yard, four-touchdown performance against the Chargers.

Man im hoping to catch an update on his injury. Hopefully its not more than 3-4 weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This is one that could definitely have tie breaker consequences come january
    Unless K.C. ties someone this year, we don't need to worry about tiebreaker consequences with the Chiefs (or really anyone else for that matter anymore).

If we finish, say, 10-5-1, we would be behind an 11-5 team but ahead of a 10-6 team, for instance.

If we finished 11-4-1, we would be behind an 12-4 team but ahead of a 11-5 team. And so on.

No tiebreakers scenarios needed.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

After watching Burns and Conner yesterday, I share your concern. They both were disappointing, not ready for prime time. And Burns should be by now, if he's ever going to be.

Colbert & Co. may need to give up on drafting CBs (they can't seem to figure it out) and just plan on trying to get proven FAs at the position from other teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

While Travis Kelce and Kareem Hunt came out of the blocks somewhat slow in game 1 this year, Tyreek Hill looked virtually unstoppable out there, both on offense as well as special teams too. We need our secondary intact next weekend in order to keep up with that speed demon (who should be double teamed all game long).
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    While Travis Kelce and Kareem Hunt came out of the blocks somewhat slow in game 1 this year, Tyreek Hill looked virtually unstoppable out there, both on offense as well as special teams too. We need our secondary intact next weekend in order to keep up with that speed demon (who should be double teamed all game long).
    Well, Haden likely will be out, so get ready to see us get torched ... a lot.

Offense better have their heads out and be ready to put up 40.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm thinking that with Haden out, our defense has to create some turnovers to win this game. No turnovers and it will be a long day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    After watching Burns and Conner yesterday, I share your concern. They both were disappointing, not ready for prime time. And Burns should be by now, if he's ever going to be.

Colbert & Co. may need to give up on drafting CBs (they can't seem to figure it out) and just plan on trying to get proven FAs at the position from other teams.
    Bashing Conner???