Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Donald Breaks Bank

Legend

User Info Menu

A Donald Breaks Bank

Owners are fools and will be the undoing of the NFL...... $87M guaranteed!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

It’s just money.

The owners are all Billionaires.

This is why I think folks are dead wrong about Bell. He isn’t stupid. The money is out there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It amazes how people react to players getting paid, everyone is operating under the same salary cap, the Rams know what they can afford to pay people.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    It amazes how people react to players getting paid, everyone is operating under the same salary cap, the Rams know what they can afford to pay people.
    It's not the paying part that I have issue with, it's the guaranteed money. He is guaranteed to be paid regardless of whether his performance falls off over the next 6 yrs. And the owners think they have to do it, else some other team will. Glad the Steeler's haven't bought into that with Bell. Another team that hasn't caved into those demands is also a perennial playoff team.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's not the paying part that I have issue with, it's the guaranteed money. He is guaranteed to be paid regardless of whether his performance falls off over the next 6 yrs. And the owners think they have to do it, else some other team will. Glad the Steeler's haven't bought into that with Bell. Another team that hasn't caved into those demands is also a perennial playoff team.
    Totally different situation. The Rams are trying to establish themselves in LA. They need to fill seats.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Exactly players have some leverage, the players are the ones making the owners the money, the players are the reason the T.V. money keeps rolling in and the sponsorship money. Do you really think it's a bad thing that a player can say, "I don't like that contract, let me go to a team who has a contract I like."? Where is the complaining about rookie deals and franchise tags that can keep a player locked up for 6 years underpaid, then when he finally hits free agency he has to worry about his value being diminished because he has 6 years wear and tear on his body, talk about a trap. If the players union goes after the franchise tag, the Steelers won't have any choice but to pay players market value or they won't have any top tier players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Owners are making $$$$ hand over fist from TV contracts.
    They dont even need the revenue from ticket sales,merchandise and concessions.
    This is fact, thanks to Green Bay being a publicly owned team.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post

The CBA is designed for huge contracts for top tier players.

Its all about the guaranteed money and players have figured that out.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

its going to take a few years but i think the teams that cave in to these huge guaranteed contracts will be bottom feeders until those contracts expire
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    its going to take a few years but i think the teams that cave in to these huge guaranteed contracts will be bottom feeders until those contracts expire
    Completely agree. And that is the point. Teams are mortgaging their future for short term return. It's ok to carry some debt. But being house poor is not fun .