Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Post eagle game thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree, but for those who were touting the competition it serves as evidence that there is none.
    There may not be a competition...but, perhaps there should be...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Speaking Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin admitted Landry Jones' roster spot is not secure.

"We'll see where the road ends," Tomlin said. Jones has been Ben Roethlisberger's primary backup since 2015, but the team almost certainly views rookie third-rounder Mason Rudolph as an upgrade. Few teams keep three quarterbacks these days. Jones' time in Pittsburgh is likely numbered.
    Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Legend

User Info Menu

There is no competition with Jones because the Steelers already know what they have with him. It's Dobbs and Rudolph that need PT for the Steelers to figure out how close they come to Jones. They will keep Jones and shop Dobbs if he falls short.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The overpaid lumberjack looked like.... well, an overpaid lumberjack. Boy, am I glad we addressed the ILB position adequately. Bostic didn't show much better.

Let's hope Matthew Thomas somehow pulls a miracle and becomes a decent starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The overpaid lumberjack looked like.... well, an overpaid lumberjack. Boy, am I glad we addressed the ILB position adequately. Bostic didn't show much better.

Let's hope Matthew Thomas somehow pulls a miracle and becomes a decent starter.
    I think that may happen with Thomas. The problem is... it may happen after the "Window" has closed for Big Ben, Bell, etc.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I think that may happen with Thomas. The problem is... it may happen after the "Window" has closed for Big Ben, Bell, etc.
    I believe you are spot on, weak link in the chain

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thomas has had a big camp was solid against Philly playing inside n out. He has looked very good on special teams at Latrobe n was in there often on Thursday night. Don't see him starting in base n will not be out there in 2 2 7 dollar d but I could see him getting reps in dime as the Mike as he is not in the same cookie mold as Bostic Williams Dirty Red. He is a few inches taller longer arms n that 4.58 speed can be seen. So he'll get his chance to contribute be it in a limited capacity this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1 preseason game doesn't predict the regular season.
    You think you could come out an make tackles in your first real action in 8 months LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.