Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Steelers most successful failure?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yeah... Our offense did nothing.

They put up 42 points and made some unbelievable plays in the process.

That should be enough to make up for the turnovers plus some (including the bonehead 4th down call) especially against the Jags.

It helps when you watch the game with your eyes open. You should try it sometime.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Huh!?!

Did you not watch backup and subpar QBs embarrass our D the majority of the year?

Did you not watch the complete lack of discipline and tackling (both fundamentals) last year?

To make matters worse, we had a damn cupcake schedule.

Last and certainly not least, did you not watch a Blake Bortles led offense put up 46 points against our D, in the playoffs, in the cold weather, at HOME! They were especially bad in the 4th quarter when we had a perfect opportunity to win after coming back.

Yeah, fan perception of our D is clearly the problem. Lol
    The defense carried the team early in the season. My perception of the defense is they struggled to stop the run at times, were ranked 7th in ppg, 5th in YPG, 5th in PYG, 10th in RYPG, lead the league in sacks, and overall wasn't as bad as some perceive. Looking at the stats that doesn't look all that bad.

Come on man I can't believe some people actually believe half the stuff they type. If things were as bad as you perceive then the defensive stats would be a lot lot worse. Players made mistakes. Players will make mistakes in the future. I've seen the same mistakes made by other defenses so expecting perfection is unrealistic.

I don't believe in the idea of cup cake schedules. It appears you shouldn't either since you appear to believe that our defense was embarrassed by sub par and backup QBs.

Bortles had a better game vs the Pats then he did vs the Steelers. How is that even possible? I guess Bortles can play.

The Jags offense put up 38 points. I guess you forgot that Ben gifted them one TD. Ben also put their offense in position to get another TD.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 08-21-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You don't believe in the idea of cupcake schedules....

Ok....

More season why you and a couple others are on ignore.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yeah... Our offense did nothing.

They put up 42 points and made some unbelievable plays in the process.

That should be enough to make up for the turnovers plus some (including the bonehead 4th down call) especially against the Jags.

It helps when you watch the game with your eyes open. You should try it sometime.
    You are really counting the garbage TD with 1 second left?

I know now it counts but the game was over.

Doesnt matter. We never did enough to make up for the turnovers and the turnover on downs.