Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shazier is

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ryan Shazier is

Jogging according to the Eagles broadcast. Mike Mayok said it came from Colbert, and that he only uses the cane in public... Did anyone else catch that?
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Jogging according to the Eagles broadcast. Mike Mayok said it came from Colbert, and that he only uses the cane in public... Did anyone else catch that?
    I saw a video of him on the stationary bicycle. The video was taken by a Steelers fan who was in the crowd behind the Steelers bench.

Legend

User Info Menu

wow.. talk about a miracle!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Shazier on the anniversary of his injury: “Today is and was a day of joy”

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 5, 2018, 1:05 AM EST

It was exactly one year ago when Ryan Shazier was taken off the field at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati unable to move his lower extremities after a hit on Bengals wide receiver Josh Malone.

Shazier sustained a spinal contusion in the impact and spent two days in the hospital in Cincinnati before returning to Pittsburgh to continue his recovery process. Shazier has made significant process ever since. According to the Stephen Nesbitt of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, he was able to jog at practice with linebackers coach Joey Porter for the first time last week.

Shazier made a lengthy post on his instagram page Tuesday reflecting on the year since his injury and the lasting impacts the sudden change to his life has yielded in the time since.

“Today is a day to remember,” he wrote. “Just a year ago my life changed forever. It was a scary moment for many people. I’m not going to lie, I was one of them. I’ve learned this was an amazing opportunity for the Lord to show how great He is. It’s been a crazy, long journey, but it is not over yet. The best worst part about this journey that I’m on is the unknown. Day by day it’s getting better than the the day before.

“Today is and was a day of joy. I want to thank all of the amazing people that have been a part of this process with me, starting with the one and only Michelle. And lets talk about my ride or die boy.. my number one man..my son RJ knows how to keep a smile on my face. My parents and siblings have been there through the thick and thin. There was more than a million tears cried over this year, but now they are all of joy. Love you guys. My friends and teammates, man y’all don’t understand just the little things you’ve done that have pulled me from darkness to the light. To the Steelers-there’s no better organization. Thank you for being family to me.

“The UPMC trainers and staff for getting me back on my feet. Steelers and Buckeye Nation-your prayers and love honestly keep me going. And to the fans everywhere, I feel your support honestly everyday. CAA-thank you guys constantly for giving me amazing advice and being the best agency in the world. And Iast, but not least, I have to give Jerome Howard and Mike Micca an extra thank you for dealing with my foolishness, excuses, pain, and joy everyday. These two are with me working everyday and I cant say thank you enough to these guys. Love you all thank you so much. #SHALIEVE”

The progress Shazier has made in a year is remarkable. He’s still not within sight of his stated goal of wanting to return to his playing career. Whether he’ll ever be able to reach that plateau remains unclear. But when Shazier was reaching for his injured back, unable to move his legs on the turf on a Monday night in Cincinnati, whether he’d be doing what he’s doing now appeared to be in serious doubt. He has every reason to feel joyful about the hurdles he’s cleared 365 days later.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/05/ryan-shazier-on-the-anniversary-of-his-injury-today-is-and-was-a-day-of-joy/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SHALIEVE!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Joey Porter said Shazier jogged for the first time on Friday.

It’s an amazing story. From given a 20% chance of walking again to jogging.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Shazier plans to continue rehab with hopes of playing again

Posted by Charean Williams on January 16, 2019, 2:30 PM EST

Ryan Shazier always has stated his goal is to play football again. Thirteen months after his spinal injury, that remains his plan.

Steelers owner Art Rooney II confirmed Wednesday that Shazier intends to continue rehabbing with hopes of a return to the field.

Shazier would need to sign a new contract to continue that process with the Steelers. He is scheduled to become a free agent in March.

“To the extent he wants to do that, we’re open to working that out,” Rooney said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Shazier’s comeback would become one of the best stories in NFL history if he is able to make it back, and everyone is rooting for him to do just that.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/16/ryan-shazier-plans-to-continue-rehab-with-hopes-of-playing-again/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would like to see the Steelers keep him around in any capacity. Even as a coach. Or he can be Steely McBeam. Whatever.

With all the negative, it's good to see something positive happening in Pittsburgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

im sure shaziers only option is to take an offer from the steelers. no other team will offer him anything for any possible position on a team
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Backup

User Info Menu

I love Shazier, and absolutely admire his will and determination. I know nothing about spinal injuries other than I find my back hurts more and more with age, but is there any team doctor out there that would ever clear him to play again?