Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ryan Shazier is

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Shalieve!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I would love to see him on the field in Black and Gold again it would be for selfish reasons. He is certainly a remarkable young man but I hope to God that he never assumes the risk of returning to the field again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    While I would love to see him on the field in Black and Gold again it would be for selfish reasons. He is certainly a remarkable young man but I hope to God that he never assumes the risk of returning to the field again.
    This is where I'm at as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess I'd say that I could see him making it back to the practice fields of Latrobe in a year or two.

Get one last go around with his boys, looking reasonably athletic out there, but then officially retiring before actually playing in any full contact games (ultimately moving up into some specific role within our front office). It would still be a tremendous story in and of itself.

We'll see, though...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Off topic but Shazier and Sophia Vergas were in my home town after his wedding. They are investors in a new gym.

Regarding his actual rehab. Load to see him walking and active but I hope he never plays again for my own selfish reasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Shazier wins PFWA’s Halas Award for overcoming adversity

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 3, 2019, 1:22 PM EDT

Former Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier continues to take significant steps, and he was recognized for his journey Monday.

Shazier was named the winner of the George Halas Award from the Professional Football Writers of America, which recognizes the person who overcomes the most adversity to succeed.

Shazier suffered a spinal injury in 2017, and needed spinal stabilization surgery. While he hasn’t given up on his dream of playing again, the progress he has made has been remarkable, most recently dancing at his wedding.

While the injury was traumatic, Shazier’s response to it has been uplifting, and the Steelers have kept him around the team and engaged, offering all the inspiration anyone there needs.

The other nominees for the award this year were Steelers running back James Connor, Giants General Manager Dave Gettleman, retired Texans safety Andre Hal, and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/03/ryan-shazier-wins-pfwas-halas-award-for-overcoming-adversity/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.