Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Khalil Mack - Leveon Bell Trade??

Legend

User Info Menu

This isn’t going to end well for Mack.

Hes dealing with Chucky Doll and that dude thinks his crap doesn’t stink.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Backup

User Info Menu

The folks here who have suggested we are one player away on D to be serious SB contender and that losing LB would not reduce the Steelers O being a SB contender I disagree.

I think the most under appreciated talent Leveon Bell is his ability to pick up blitzes. He is really adept when he does stay back in the field. What makes it even more valuable is when he releases and is Ben's checkdown option when all else fails.

I think removing Bell from that SB caliber offense makes it a considerably dicey situation with an older Ben R. being exposed to potential injury. That would make that SB caliber offense all but disappear.

By the way, that doesn't mean I don't like the trade talk...it is actually tempting to say the least. I just am saying it is a pretty significant hit on the O.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    The folks here who have suggested we are one player away on D to be serious SB contender and that losing LB would not reduce the Steelers O being a SB contender I disagree.

I think the most under appreciated talent Leveon Bell is his ability to pick up blitzes. He is really adept when he does stay back in the field. What makes it even more valuable is when he releases and is Ben's checkdown option when all else fails.

I think removing Bell from that SB caliber offense makes it a considerably dicey situation with an older Ben R. being exposed to potential injury. That would make that SB caliber offense all but disappear.

By the way, that doesn't mean I don't like the trade talk...it is actually tempting to say the least. I just am saying it is a pretty significant hit on the O.

brothervad
    I love what Le'Veon Bell brings to the table as well, but the fact remains that he will riding off into the sunset after this season. He has no intention of signing a long-term deal to remain with the Steelers. He wants to hit the open market and maximize his earning potential. Our front office is not willing to pay above market value to a RB considering what they already have invested in a top QB and a top WR. On defense, however, you can never have too many pass rushers. While we have already invested in a couple of interior pass rushers, Khalil Mack is likely the best young outside pass rusher in the NFL today, and every team (except for the Raiders and their concrete-headed horror doll coach) should be willing to pay top dollar for that.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our front office is not willing to pay above market value to a RB considering what they already have invested in a top QB and a top WR
    You should rephrase this because they absolutely were offering him a contract of that type.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    You should rephrase this because they absolutely were offering him a contract of that type.
    Okay, we were not willing to pay the market-resetting contract for a RB that Bell is looking for on the open market.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Backup

User Info Menu

Again...An old DeAngelo Williams was leading the league in rushing when Bell was out 4 games, and we averaged more ppg...js

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Again...An old DeAngelo Williams was leading the league in rushing when Bell was out 4 games, and we averaged more ppg...js
    Boom.......