Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming to Kennywood Park in 2019: Steelers Country land, Steel Curtain roller coaster

Legend

User Info Menu

Coming to Kennywood Park in 2019: Steelers Country land, Steel Curtain roller coaster

Thursday, Jul 19, 2018 12:15 PM

‘Steelers Country’ coming to Kennywood

On Thursday, Kennywood Park announced that Steelers Country, an immersive land that celebrates the Steelers and includes exclusive merchandise, skill games and food locations, as well as a record-breaking roller coaster called “Steel Curtain”, will open in 2019.

“Being the first park to collaborate with a professional sports franchise on not only a themed area, but also a pulse-pounding, high-flying roller coaster is a great honor that fits in with Kennywood’s longstanding tradition of innovation,” said Kennywood General Manager Jerome Gibas. “For that franchise to be our hometown Steelers, the most successful team in America’s most popular sport, it’s a sure touchdown!”

Throughout Steelers Country, fans will have the opportunity to join in on familiar game day moments, including running through the team’s entry tunnel, seeing how they measure up in practice drills and checking scores and highlights on Steelers Country’s giant video screen.

“We are very excited about the partnership with Kennywood,” said Steelers Vice President of Sales and Marketing Ryan Huzjak. “Being able to connect the Pittsburgh Steelers with a family attraction like Kennywood is a natural fit for both organizations, and we are thrilled about the tradition and longstanding history the Steelers and Kennywood provide to families in and around the city of Pittsburgh.

The towering “Steel Curtain” roller coaster will rule Kennywood’s skyline. With a record-breaking 9 inversions, 197 foot-tall loop, and 220-foot maximum height, “Steel Curtain” is an adrenaline rush like no other, speeding across 4,000 feet of track at 75 miles per hour. Designed by S&S Worldwide, “Steel Curtain” will break a Pennsylvania record (tallest roller coaster), a North American record (most inversions), and a world record (tallest inversion). The colossal steel structure of the coaster will serve as a landmark addition to the park and a high-energy entry point welcoming guests to Steelers Country.

Along with Huzjak, former Steelers defensive lineman Chris Hoke and Steely McBeam were on hand to celebrate the announcement.

Coming in 2019: The Steel Curtain. #HereWeGo #Project412 #SteelersCountry pic.twitter.com/CWostQlsWN
    — Kennywood Park (@Kenny_Kangaroo) July 19, 2018

https://www.steelers.com/news/steele...g-to-kennywood

"The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder where they are going to fit Steelers Country Land? Or, what they will be removing?

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

What’s Kennywood?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    What’s Kennywood?
    An amusement park in Pittsburgh with awesome wooden roller coasters.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

What’s Kennywood?
    It’s that thing that holds the front of your pants closed...also known as a zipper or a fly...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    An amusement park in Pittsburgh with awesome wooden roller coasters.
    Thanks.....

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It’s that thing that holds the front of your pants closed...also known as a zipper or a fly...
    Ha ha ummmm you’re just a little on the odd side

Molon labe

Legend

User Info Menu

Ha ha ummmm you’re just a little on the odd side
    While this is true, we often said, “Kennywood’s open!” instead of “XYZ - eXamine Your Zipper!”
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

While this is true, we often said, “Kennywood’s open!” instead of “XYZ - eXamine Your Zipper!”
    Got it we say the barn door is open here

Molon labe

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes. Definitely a burgh thing. But I have lived away from there for 30 years. To this day if someone says Kennywood's open, I check my zipper.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.