Thread: Antonio Brown will be featured on the cover of EA Sports Madden 19

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown will be featured on the cover of EA Sports Madden 19

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown featured on Madden cover

10:41 AM ET

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Antonio Brown's broad NFL appeal just got a serious boost.

The Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro receiver is the cover athlete for the video game "Madden 19," EA Sports announced Wednesday.

The cover features a helmetless and smiling Brown, which is a departure from the action shots featured in recent years on Madden covers. It's a fitting tribute to Brown, who is constantly smiling on and off the field.

Brown follows Tom Brady (201, Rob Gronkowski (2017), Odell Beckham Jr. (2016) and Richard Sherman (2015) as stars featured on the popular video game.

Brown has matched elite production on the field -- including an NFL-record five straight 100-catch seasons -- with marketing appeal. Brown's jersey is one of the league's top sellers. Brown has endorsed products for AT&T/DirecTV, Campbell's Soup, Pepsi, Nike, NFL Sunday Ticket and more.

"Since day one, everything I do is business savvy," Brown told ESPN in 2017 about his off-field appeal. "I'm a walking-around business. I'm not just an athlete or a football player. I'm a walking-around business. I have to conduct myself in such a way."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...adden-19-cover

"The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Cue the obligatory quote about Brown being more concerned about his performance and the performance of his teammates...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do you guys believe in the Madden curse?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Logically: No

Was it the first think I thought of when I read that AB was going to be on the cover: Yes

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe that Santa Claus brought Juju his bike back.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Uh oh... burns sage and prays to the Sega Genisis Gods
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m not superstitious - but my first reaction was damn.........

Maybe i am superstitious.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

How many players who've appeared on the Madden cover have gotten injured the following season?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The large majority of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

The large majority of them.
    Is that an exact count?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.