Thread: Cameron Heyward...

Banned

User Info Menu

Cameron Heyward...

...successfully petitions EA Sports to raise his Madden rating:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...dden-19-rating

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope Heyward is a lot more concerned with his own performance, and that of his teammates, and making our defense better, than he is with his Madden rating. While he had a good year overall, he wasn't very stellar against the Jaguars. If he plays well and the Steelers win a Super Bowl, he won't have to worry about his Madden rating.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I hope Heyward is a lot more concerned with his own performance, and that of his teammates, and making our defense better, than he is with his Madden rating. While he had a good year overall, he wasn't very stellar against the Jaguars. If he plays well and the Steelers win a Super Bowl, he won't have to worry about his Madden rating.
    IMO, best player on the defense. Takes on double teams which allows someone on the interior to make a play unblocked. Unfortunately the LB play was awful after Shazier went down.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    NFL players can only do one thing at a time.. so we are doomed

I heard he missed a few OTA's to lobby for a higher rating.

jk

Banned

User Info Menu

There was only one player who was comparable last year to Heyward:

Aaron Donald

...and Heyward compared favorably to him...

I’m not concerned with Heyward’s ability to take care of business on the field, so I’m not going to whine about him taking care of his EA Sports Madden ‘19 score in the offseason...

Legend

User Info Menu

Players gotta have something to do on the off-season

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

A one man DL can only do so much. Heyward had little help from anyone other than an occasional TJ rush. Tuitt had a bum year....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think that this has no bearing about the quality of play on the field.

But, I do think it's funny that players care enough about Madden to complain about their ratings. Maybe it hurts their "brand"?