View Poll Results: Will Bell sign long-term or play under the TAG?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bell will sign a long-term deal

2 7.69%
  • Bell will play 2018 under the TAG

24 92.31%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Bell sign?

Legend

User Info Menu

Will Bell sign?

With the deadline one week away, do you think that Bell will sign a long-term deal? Or play 2018 on the TAG?

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I think he's more enamored with testing free agency than he is with remaining a Pittsburgh Steeler. He'll play 2018 under the TAG IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

TIS.

(Tag It Is)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that the Tag is the most likely outcome (it's what I voted for). But, I won't be surprised if he ends up signing the deal. Playing out the tag seems like such a huge gamble, but he's already shown he's willing to do it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Last tag for Bell. He walks after that imho. Not happy about it but seems it's headed that way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Last tag for Bell. He walks after that imho. Not happy about it but seems it's headed that way.
    We aren't going to franchise tag him again, because the value of that one year contract would vault up into QB territory, but I believe the team would still have the ability to transition tag Bell after this season. While we wouldn't get any compensation if he signed elsewhere, we would have the option to match another team's contract to keep him if we wanted to.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Unfortunately i have to agree...Lets get a ring this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We aren't going to franchise tag him again, because the value of that one year contract would vault up into QB territory, but I believe the team would still have the ability to transition tag Bell after this season. While we wouldn't get any compensation if he signed elsewhere, we would have the option to match another team's contract to keep him if we wanted to.
    I believe i read the number would be around $25 mil....

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don’t think Colbert will play that game; he’ll just let Bell walk. And that’s a shame that we won’t get any compensation. But because we will let him go, I’m sure Tomlin will give Connor and co. an opportunity in games that we have well in hand a chance to show us what they can do.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 07-09-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don’t think Colbert will play that game; he’ll just let Bell walk. And that’s a shame that we won’t get any compensation. But because we will let him go, I’m sure Tomlin will give Connor and co. an opportunity in games that we have well in hand a chance to show us what they can do.
    The Steelers will get compensation...a third round comp pick...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.