Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Terrell Owens Runs a 4.3 40

Starter

User Info Menu

OT: Terrell Owens Runs a 4.3 40

Wants to play for the 49ers at 44 years of age. He's hasn't played since 2010.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...e-40-yard-dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Congratulations! Now go run in the Penn Relays (or whatever the equivalent track event would be on the west coast). Or try out for the AAF or XFL or whatever. The closest he should come to an NFL field again would be Fawcett Stadium in Canton a month and a half from now, but the dude is boycotting his own Hall of Fame induction...he can't even get that right.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd let him in camp and see just what he brings on the field and off the field to the team. The 49ers wide receivers are just a bunch of guys and a young QB could need a guy like T.O.

But if he comes with that me, me , it's all about me stuff..off he goes. It would be an interesting story in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Congratulations! Now go run in the Penn Relays (or whatever the equivalent track event would be on the west coast). Or try out for the AAF or XFL or whatever. The closest he should come to an NFL field again would be Fawcett Stadium in Canton a month and a half from now, but the dude is boycotting his own Hall of Fame induction...he can't even get that right.
    Wow. Such venom towards a guy who's not even a division rival. Ruth really fired up over this. hahahahhahahhaah

Legend

User Info Menu

Owens last caught a pass in the NFL in 2010.

A point of reference for just how long ago that was:

Juju Smith-Schuster was 14 years old, entering his freshman year of high school.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Owens last caught a pass in the NFL in 2010.

A point of reference for just how long ago that was:

Juju Smith-Schuster was 14 years old, entering his freshman year of high school.
    Bryant "only" missed one season and didn't look that great when he came back.

Still, I think it would be good enterainment value to have TO back in the NFL (as long as it's not with the Steelers).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I'd let him in camp and see just what he brings on the field and off the field to the team. The 49ers wide receivers are just a bunch of guys and a young QB could need a guy like T.O.

But if he comes with that me, me , it's all about me stuff..off he goes. It would be an interesting story in the NFL.
    IF he comes in with that me, me, me attitude??? IF?

What have you ever seen from him that would lead you to believe that there's any chance whatsoever that he doesn't have a me, me, me attitude?

Bringing in TO might be the worst signing in the history of the Steelers IMO. I literally see nothing good that could come from it. If he came in with another team, I would enjoy the story in the NFL and watching to see what he does next. But not for the Steelers. No thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet he could still ball out but his attitude is the real problem.

and I bet his hammies would burst if he tried to play a full game
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would have to believe no team is looking at him today having to cut some guy half his age. NFL season is a long tough grind. However a playoff team late in the year gets an injury it may be possible they would kick the tires at that time for a 3-4-5- game late season n post season run with TO. Possible but not the most likely situation. It would be a media circus n that alone would likely make it such a long shot to even happen for a few games. We all know the media would go wild with a story like that!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I would have to believe no team is looking at him today having to cut some guy half his age. NFL season is a long tough grind. However a playoff team late in the year gets an injury it may be possible they would kick the tires at that time for a 3-4-5- game late season n post season run with TO. Possible but not the most likely situation. It would be a media circus n that alone would likely make it such a long shot to even happen for a few games. We all know the media would go wild with a story like that!
    Pats... watch.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB