Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers win more than 11 games in 2018?

Legend

User Info Menu

Will the Steelers win more than 11 games in 2018?

The schedule is difficult. The division will be better. Just how will the Steelers finish in 2018?

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz
    Jun 11, 2018

The offseason brings about many things fans canít stand. Predictions would certainly be high on the list of the most disdained items during the offseason, only to be trumped by Power Rankings, but during the slow months major media outlets crank out content to keep themselves relevant.

I get it. After all, I run this website youíre currently reading, but when I was checking out several of those major media outlets just referenced, I found a Sports Illustrated article which was predicting how teams will finish in 2018. Of course I wanted to see their prediction for the Steelers, and hereís what they had to say about the Black-and-gold.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/6/11/17446232/will-the-pittsburgh-steelers-win-more-than-11-games-in-2018-over-under-mike-tomlin-leveon-bell-news

Banned

User Info Menu

I think we can win 13 games again

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

The schedule is difficult. The division will be better. Just how will the Steelers finish in 2018?

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz
    Jun 11, 2018

The offseason brings about many things fans canít stand. Predictions would certainly be high on the list of the most disdained items during the offseason, only to be trumped by Power Rankings, but during the slow months major media outlets crank out content to keep themselves relevant.

I get it. After all, I run this website youíre currently reading, but when I was checking out several of those major media outlets just referenced, I found a Sports Illustrated article which was predicting how teams will finish in 2018. Of course I wanted to see their prediction for the Steelers, and hereís what they had to say about the Black-and-gold.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/6/11/17446232/will-the-pittsburgh-steelers-win-more-than-11-games-in-2018-over-under-mike-tomlin-leveon-bell-news
    NO.

We will win the division but I see 10-6 at best. 9-7 at worse.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think we can win 13 games again
    Yeah, our offense should be just as good as last season, if not better...

As long as the defense has shored up against the run, then they should be better as well...they can’t replace Shazier, but there has not always been a Shazier in this defense...somehow, it still performed well...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our defense is really going to be tested this year. Lot of good QB's on our schedule. Not like last year when we only had Brady & Stafford on our schedule.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Our defense is really going to be tested this year. Lot of good QB's on our schedule. Not like last year when we only had Brady & Stafford on our schedule.
    not worried at all. We usually play good defense against good QB's not named Brady or Rodgers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we should still be good. O is probably about the same and D is probably a least a bit worse (maybe better against the run, almost certainly fewer splash plays).

I think it's always hard to judge strength of schedule before the season starts, but it does look a bit harder on paper. But, I don't know if that definitely gives us fewer wins.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we win a few less games in the regular season, but then ultimately win a few more games in the playoffs.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yes. We will undoubtedly have to face a much better slate of opposing QBs. Unless the defense is markedly improved (I hope, I hope), our offense will have to carry us. The offense should be very good, but realistically, they're going to have a few games where they fall short. I would not be surprised if our season mark is 11 wins or less.