Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: All of a sudden, I"m concerned about our season opener against the Browns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin stated that they are game planning for Cleveland with the guys they have on the roster. No reason to think he's lying. I don't believe Bell receives the bulk of the workload Sunday since he's technically not even on the team yet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Tomlin stated that they are game planning for Cleveland with the guys they have on the roster. No reason to think he's lying. I don't believe Bell receives the bulk of the workload Sunday since he's technically not even on the team yet.
    I agree with you. Conner looks to get a 20 carry load on Sunday. He's worked hard and has earned that right.

Banned

User Info Menu

If the Steelers applied for the two week roster exemption, Bell could be SOL for a couple weeks...

Ridley is likely a vested veteran and is entitled to his entire annual salary if on the roster week 1...exempting Bell for two weeks would more than pay for that...

Legend

User Info Menu

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 05:05 PM

Week 1 Injury Report (Browns)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

Going into Week 1 of the season Coach Mike Tomlin likes how his team looks from a health standpoint, and that is a good thing as the Steelers prepare to take on the Cleveland Browns on Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium.

“The overall health of our team is pretty good,” said Tomlin. “The vast majority of guys who had missed some time throughout the process have worked in some capacity and even participated in the last preseason game.”

While some didn’t see action in the final preseason game, like T.J. Watt and Ramon Foster, they have been back to work this week.

“Even those that we didn’t allow to participate in the game have been practice participants at least in some capacity,” said Tomlin. “We expect that to continue. We should anticipate all members of our team at least being partial participants as we get started this week with practice and kind of let that be our guide in terms of their inclusion in the plan or the anticipation of play.

“We’ll watch some of those guys and divide the labor up and utilize their talents accordingly based on what we see as the week progresses.”

The following is a complete look at player participation this week.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 1

Wednesday, 9/5
    TE Vance McDonald (Foot) - Limited

Cleveland Browns Participation/Injury Report, Week 1

Wednesday, 9/5
    LB Genard Avery (Glute) - Limited
    LB James Burgess (Concussion) - DNP
    DT Trevon Coley (Ankle) - Limited
    TE Seth DeValve (Quad) - Limited
    DB E.J. Gaines (Knee) - DNP
    WR Josh Gordon (Hamstring) - Limited
    T Desmond Harrison (Knee) - Limited
    DB Damarious Randall (Knee) - Full

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-1-injury-report-browns
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Thursday, Sep 06, 2018 03:45 PM

Week 1 Injury Report (Browns)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

As the team prepares to play the Cleveland Browns on Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium, they are a relatively healthy bunch.

Vance McDonald continues to be the only player listed on the report. McDonald, who was limited on Wednesday, didn't practice on Thursday. It’s been difficult for McDonald, who missed the preseason and camp with a foot injury.

“Camp was a huge opportunity and I didn’t get that opportunity,” said McDonald. “Obviously angry and frustrated.

“I am day to day. Where I want to be on Sunday is playing against Cleveland. Every day I am getting better.”

Among those back to full action is Ramon Foster, who made it clear he is feeling much better after suffering a knee injury during camp and missing all of the preseason.

“It is very ahead of schedule for me,” said Foster this week. “I am enjoying the process. I am feeling good.”

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 1

Thursday, 9/6
    TE Vance McDonald (Foot) - DNP

Cleveland Browns Participation/Injury Report, Week 1

Thursday, 9/6
    LB Genard Avery (Glute) - Full
    LB James Burgess (Concussion) - DNP
    DT Trevon Coley (Ankle) - Full
    TE Seth DeValve (Quad) - Limited
    DB E.J. Gaines (Knee) - DNP
    WR Josh Gordon (Hamstring) - Limited
    T Desmond Harrison (Knee) - Limited
    LB Christian Kirksey (Shoulder) - Full
    DB Damarious Randall (Knee) - Full

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-1-injury-report-browns
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Tired of the FN China Doll....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This was a team effort.

but it was 70 percent Ben

Banned

User Info Menu

Ben tried to make your prediction correct.