Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All of a sudden, I"m concerned about our season opener against the Browns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and some folks BET on preseason games

talk about an addiction
    That's pretty much like pulling the lever on a slot machine. There's really no thought involved. Your'e just betting for the sake of betting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That's pretty much like pulling the lever on a slot machine. There's really no thought involved. Your'e just betting for the sake of betting.
    I think Smartmonies used to throw out gems on who to pick for preseason games.

I couldn't believe they even had lines for preseason.

I'll never forget a Hall of Fame game where the punter ran out the clock by taking a safety and it screwed up the spread. The commentator even pointed out how it cost some idiots money because who the hell bets on a preseason game?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Browns will be much better this season. I predicted weeks ago that they will finish second in the AFC North behind us. However, I'm not worried about the season opener.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Browns are in win now mode and we will see for sure this year if Hue Jackson can coach. Their offense has Nick Chubbs, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, Jarvis Landry (I think this was a coup for the Browns) David Njoku. Signed players like Chris Hubbard and Mychal Kendricks. Tyrod Taylor is a decent veteran QB and I even like rookie QB they drafted. Myles Garret, Peppers and some other good prospects on defense.

Other than QB, they have more talent, possibly much more talent than the Patriots. If Belichick had this group he might win the SuperBowl. Even though Tomlin doesn't get as much respect in some places, as I think he should, if he had this talent, they would have a good chance at the playoffs.

But Perception is funny though, because they will line up in Browns uniforms, they won't be expected to win more than four games.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Browns will be much better this season. I predicted weeks ago that they will finish second in the AFC North behind us. However, I'm not worried about the season opener.
    I agree with you on the Browns finishing second in the division. But that means that they've gotten better and that they will give us a tremendous fight. Especially at home in their home opener.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The Browns are in win now mode and we will see for sure this year if Hue Jackson can coach. Their offense has Nick Chubbs, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, Jarvis Landry (I think this was a coup for the Browns) David Njoku. Signed players like Chris Hubbard and Mychal Kendricks. Tyrod Taylor is a decent veteran QB and I even like rookie QB they drafted. Myles Garret, Peppers and some other good prospects on defense.

Other than QB, they have more talent, possibly much more talent than the Patriots. If Belichick had this group he might win the SuperBowl. Even though Tomlin doesn't get as much respect in some places, as I think he should, if he had this talent, they would have a good chance at the playoffs.

But Perception is funny though, because they will line up in Browns uniforms, they won't be expected to win more than four games.
    Yep! They will be dismissed as a “bottom feeder” or a “bad team”...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yep! They will be dismissed as a “bottom feeder” or a “bad team”...
    You are a bottomfeeder until you prove otherwise... it's one of the main reason why coaches try to stem losing streaks and why Cowher used to harp about it being a 'fine line' in the NFL. It's just really hard to dig a team out of the pit of losing once it happens more frequently than winning.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You are a bottomfeeder until you prove otherwise... it's one of the main reason why coaches try to stem losing streaks and why Cowher used to harp about it being a 'fine line' in the NFL. It's just really hard to dig a team out of the pit of losing once it happens more frequently than winning.
    And the reason that Cowher stated that it was a “fine line in the NFL” is because often, very little separates the “bottom feeders” from the top teams...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A lot of "smugness" I'm hearing from some of these comments. They could have beat us last year in the opener when our defense was pulling it out of their behinds, while the offense needed, as per usual, 8 or 9 games to get in sync. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the browns took it to us in the opener.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the browns took it to us in the opener.
    I wouldn't be surprised but I would be very very disappointed...