Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All of a sudden, I"m concerned about our season opener against the Browns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All of a sudden, I"m concerned about our season opener against the Browns.

I know it's early. But looking at the Browns on paper, and seeing that Haley is running their offense, is it just me getting an uneasy feeling about this first game of the season against the Browns?

Their defense always puts up a good fight. But now I see their offense with major upgrades. Josh Gordon is looking spectacularly in shape and Carlos Hyde /Chubb are talents at the running back position.

Also, are the Browns at least the second best team in our division?

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns are always decent on paper. They have to put it together on the field before I get worried.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Starter

User Info Menu

I look for the Browns to be much improved this season. It's not going to be an easy thing to stop their offense, IMO.

Then again, they really have their work cut out for them to try to stop our offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I look for the Browns to be much improved this season. It's not going to be an easy thing to stop their offense, IMO.

Then again, they really have their work cut out for them to try to stop our offense.
    Tyrod Taylor doesn't scare me
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Tyrod Taylor doesn't scare me
    That's the one area I find comfort in. Taylor looks like a bum to me. Always has.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    That's the one area I find comfort in. Taylor looks like a bum to me. Always has.
    He's ok he just doesn't go down field enough. Some folks said it was the OC's philosophy in Buffalo so maybe he changes in Cleveland.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is the Clowns we're talking about here. I'm not too concerned with game 1. Hopefully Haley has them run a few of his "signature plays" that we'll be ready for.

That said, you'd think they can only be the worst team in our division for so long. They've had high draft pics forever. One of these days, they won't be the team that everyone expects to beat. But game 1, we should be able to take care of business.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It is the Clowns we're talking about here. I'm not too concerned with game 1. Hopefully Haley has them run a few of his "signature plays" that we'll be ready for.

That said, you'd think they can only be the worst team in our division for so long. They've had high draft pics forever. One of these days, they won't be the team that everyone expects to beat. But game 1, we should be able to take care of business.
    One year they are going to get us. It's bound to happen.

and when it does t's going to be awesome watching folks predict the end of the world.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He's ok he just doesn't go down field enough. Some folks said it was the OC's philosophy in Buffalo so maybe he changes in Cleveland.
    Well, if Taylor doesn't like airing it out downfield, our primary focus in game 1 should be on his new slot WR Jarvis Landry, who averages 100 catches per year primarily on short routes, and RB Duke Johnson who averages over 60 catches per year on dumpoffs out of the backfield.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not worried about the opener.

They will be very different than last year. It takes time to implement big changes and get players used to playing with each other.

I think that means that it will take Cle longer than most teams to get up to speed. Even if they are good by the end of the year, I don't expect that they'll be all that good at the beginning of the season.