Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty red

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Gilbert, with his athleticism, certainly has a higher ceiling than Dirty Red. If it comes down to keeping Gilbert v Red... I hope Gilbert sticks.
    Gilbert hasn't played even one PRESEASON snap...And you can make that analysis

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Gilbert hasn't played even one PRESEASON snap...And you can make that analysis
    Doesn't take NFL reps to see that Gilbert is a better athlete than RED. Dude runs a 4.4. Didn't realize we needed to see that in a pre-season game.

Legend

User Info Menu

RED has proven that he isn't capable of being a starter caliber ILB... mainly due to his limited athleticism. If the Steelers didn't think Gilbert had a high ceiling (and could potentially replace RED), then why draft him?

Backup

User Info Menu

What about Jones? I have not heard a thing about him this year. I get it is only OTA’s and mini. But you would think he would get some mention. Are Do they just focus on the “New” players on roster. Not a player I am following but he did have a few sparkles last year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    What about Jones? I have not heard a thing about him this year. I get it is only OTA’s and mini. But you would think he would get some mention. Are Do they just focus on the “New” players on roster. Not a player I am following but he did have a few sparkles last year.
    Are you talking about J.T. Jones? Can't remember ever hearing much about him.

Backup

User Info Menu

I may be confused, but was he not the kid who got a strip sack and run back in preseason. I know preseason, but he got some time in season too. Out of Miami, was a UDFA

Legend

User Info Menu

I may be confused, but was he not the kid who got a strip sack and run back in preseason. I know preseason, but he got some time in season too. Out of Miami, was a UDFA
    J.T. Jones was in Atlanta's training camp the last 2 years. He did play in 8 preseason games as a Falcon (including one game against us in 2017), but I don't see any sacks, forced fumbles, or TD's listed for him in any of these games. And he hasn't played in a regular season NFL game for any team yet. He was one of the guys that we signed about 2 months ago after the AAF folded (he played for the Atlanta Legends of the AAF). You must be thinking of someone else.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 06-17-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

My screw up, I was thinking of Thomas, I see he is with Baltimore now.

Legend

User Info Menu

My screw up, I was thinking of Thomas, I see he is with Baltimore now.
    Matthew Thomas...he was the talk of camp and the preseason.. was surprised/disappointed to see him leave

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    RED has proven that he isn't capable of being a starter caliber ILB... mainly due to his limited athleticism. If the Steelers didn't think Gilbert had a high ceiling (and could potentially replace RED), then why draft him?
    Not rooting for or against anyone but 4.4 speed means little once the pads are on. He still had to show he can get through the trash to finish plays.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about upgrading positions and hope what we drafted is better than what we currently have on the roster.