Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty red

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yup... Couldn't agree more.

Many fans here have really lowered their expectation over the years.

Remember the hatred with Larry Foote starting?

Foote >>> Matakevich

But now many are there
    ready to settle with Dirty Red. God help us.
    You make a valid point. Foote is a level above any ILB on the roster right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Barring injury, the starting inside guys are Bostic and Williams. No question. What's happening now in shorts has nothing to do with what happens come the season.

And I don't believe anyone loves the idea of Matekevich being the starter or that he's a top tier LB in the history of Steelers LBs. But he is a feel good story. The 2nd pick of the 7th round - #245 - out of Temple, who basically willed himself onto the team through hard work, determination, and heart, not believing that 7th rounders don't make the squad. What's not to like?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Barring injury, the starting inside guys are Bostic and Williams. No question. What's happening now in shorts has nothing to do with what happens come the season.

And I don't believe anyone loves the idea of Matekevich being the starter or that he's a top tier LB in the history of Steelers LBs. But he is a feel good story. The 2nd pick of the 7th round - #245 - out of Temple, who basically willed himself onto the team through hard work, determination, and heart, not believing that 7th rounders don't make the squad. What's not to like?
    Not to mention making the Pro Bowl on Special Teams with only one good arm...

I think he is valid depth, though I also expect Bostic to be a credible starter and fit in well with the defense...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

why would anyone get upset over reps in OTA's?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yup... Couldn't agree more.

Many fans here have really lowered their expectation over the years.

Remember the hatred with Larry Foote starting?

Foote >>> Matakevich

But now many are there
    ready to settle with Dirty Red. God help us.
    Boom.......

That’s fine. Tomlin can hitch his wagon to him if he wants. Just like Harbaugh hitched his wagon to Kapernick.

Legend

User Info Menu

It seems to me we are doing the best we can with the personnel we got.

"You can't always get what you want".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    It seems to me we are doing the best we can with the personnel we got.

"You can't always get what you want".
    Colbert/ Tomlin did try and trade up to get Evans. They did try. I’ll give them that. Edmunds was obviously plan B
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 06-11-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Colbert/ Tomlin did try and trade up to get Evans. They did try. I’ll give them that. Edmonds was obviously plan B
    I wanted us to trade up for Terrell Edmunds' younger brother Tremaine when he slipped down to the middle of round one.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm going to give Dirty Red a chance. The guy is always around the football and is a solid tackler. He kinda reminds me of a Zach Thomas who was slow and undersized but turned out to be a very good linebacker. I can hope that Matakevich turns out to be the same.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wanted us to trade up for Terrell Edmunds' younger brother Tremaine when he slipped down to the middle of round one.
    Your funny.