Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we trade McDonald to Bolts for ILB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Should we trade McDonald to Bolts for ILB?

They just lost (for the year) the TE they kept when they let Antonio Gates, Jr. go last week. Maybe win-win?

. Denzel Perryman, Los Angeles Chargers
    Pass Defense: 18/25
    Run Defense: 18/25
    Pass Rush: 9/15
    Tackling: 18/25
    Position Value: 7/10
    Overall Grade: 70/100
    Denzel Perryman was moved around by the Chargers, perhaps unnecessarily after an impressive 2016 season. The 2017 season saw Perryman in action for only seven games, leading to a major dip in production after what looked like the beginning of an intriguing career. Perryman’s play as a coverage defender over the middle of the field is some of the best in the league. He has situational and pattern awareness that helps attack opposing offenses. If healthy, the Chargers should move him solely into the middle next season and let him thrive.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think McDonald is going to have a breakout season, providing he stays healthy of course which is a big if...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think McDonald is going to have a breakout season, providing he stays healthy of course which is a big if...
    agreed....

Starter

User Info Menu

I would trade them Xavier Grimble for Jatavis Brown.
    (I'd ask for Joey Bosa first, but don't think they'd bite on that one!)
    Last edited by Buzz; 05-26-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    If he does, the question is, what's more valuable to us: Him healthy and with a breakout season, or getting a top quality ILB for him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Nope...thank you

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Yep! +1...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I like Grimble as a 3rd tight end.

However, the number 3 tight end on a team with weak tight ends is gonna be a player with ZERO trade value.

It's like trying to Toussaint for a backup at another position. Sure it would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-27-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I like Grimble as a 3rd tight end.

However, the number 3 tight end on a team with weak tight ends is gonna be a player with ZERO trade value.

It's like trying to Toussaint for a backup at another position. Sure it would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.
    I realize that. On the other hand, Jatavis Brown has been relegated to the bench since the Chargers changed their defensive scheme. He was a productive starter at ILB in the 3-4. Grimble might not do it, but it might not take a lot to acquire him.

Legend

User Info Menu

We already have a passable/maybe a bit better kind of lLB on the squad, I'm not that excited about adding another.

How badly do the Chargers want a TE? A lot, now that they basically don't have one. So let's target their #1 inside LB, not their #2 or #3.

It's going to take more than Grimble to get that done ... McDonald, if that is even enough.