Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Thank you for your service.

Now, with the important thing out of the way, this is crap:

The “last one” didn’t “bash police.” He bashed “bad policing”, which is something that should be bashed loudly and frequently. He did not make police targets. The long list of unarmed black men killed by bad policing did that.
    Do you remember Obama's famous "Acting stupidly" comment.. in reference to the Cambridge Police Department? Reseach the Henry Louis Gates incident. Obama jumped the gun on that one..and admitted as much.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steve Kerr: NFL rule on protests during anthem 'idiotic,' 'pandering,' 'fake patriotism'

Dan Devine Yahoo Sports
    May 24, 2018

https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-nfl-rule-protests-anthem-idiotic-pandering-fake-patriotism-194648818.html

Maybe someone should remind Kerr that the NBA has a written rule "that requires all coaches, players and trainers on the court to stand in the line in a respectful and dignified manner during the National Anthem"

All these guys are hypocrites

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Do you remember Obama's famous "Acting stupidly" comment.. in reference to the Cambridge Police Department? Reseach the Henry Louis Gates incident. Obama jumped the gun on that one..and admitted as much.
    I am very familiar with the Henry Louis Gates incident. It really doesn’t do anything to contradict what I said. It also doesn’t do anything to show that whatever he said made police into targets.

His apology was for giving “an impression that [he] was maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sergeant Crowley specifically...”

Which, he was not...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I am very familiar with the Henry Louis Gates incident. It really doesn’t do anything to contradict what I said. It also doesn’t do anything to show that whatever he said made police into targets.

His apology was for giving “an impression that [he] was maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sergeant Crowley specifically...”

Which, he was not...
    He made a comment before having the facts... and yes, race was an issue (black professor/white cops). He blew it...very badly.

Legend

User Info Menu

**** Request to the ADMIN to move this thread to another forum****

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The NFL is a business and their players are the employees and we the fans are the customers and if I remember correctly the customer is always right.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe someone should remind Kerr that the NBA has a written rule "that requires all coaches, players and trainers on the court to stand in the line in a respectful and dignified manner during the National Anthem"

All these guys are hypocrites
    Well, the NBA rule has been in place for years now...it was a well thought out, proactive rule written and instituted with the support of the players.

This crapfest the NFL wrote is the complete opposite: poorly thought out, reactive, and written and instituted without the support or even consultation of the players.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He made a comment before having the facts... and yes, race was an issue (black professor/white cops). He blew it...very badly.
    If you say so. I think arresting a guy for having to break into his own home after providing proof of such is pretty stupid, no matter how you present it.

But, that’s just me...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

**** Request to the ADMIN to move this thread to another forum****
    Why? I never understand these “please move” requests.

It’s a very current and controversial NFL topic that affects the Steelers. It’s easy to not read if you’re not interested. I see no harm in leaving it where it is.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Artie's mad at the NFL, feels like they'll be "bullying" players who decide to stay in the locker room, because, he says, they'll "single us out in front of everyone."

So players weren't singling themselves out in front of everyone when they were kneeling?

Sorry, Artie, I can't follow your logic there.