Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Inside LB realeased...Interest?
    Eagles release inside linebacker Mychal Kendricks

By Chris Wesseling
    Around the NFL Writer
    Published: May 22, 2018

"Now that he's free, Kendricks figures to generate plenty of interest on the open market, perhaps even from the cross-state Steelers, who are still in search of a replacement for Ryan Shazier."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933857/article/eagles-release-inside-linebacker-mychal-kendricks

Legend

User Info Menu

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fter-6-seasons

'He was especially effective when dropping into coverage, but Pro Football Focus showed he can also rush the passer when asked'
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, yes and yes!

But can we come up with the cap space?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He would be an upgrade. Heck he may be better then any ilb on the roster. If money works it's an upgrade over the athletic but not as talented Fort. And he is what only 28 so he should have a few good years left. Long shot but worth it imho.

Backup

User Info Menu

Should, could, won’t. He’ll be a Rat or a Pat by the end of the week.

Banned

User Info Menu

It all depends on what he wants. He’s better suited to ILB in a 3-4..they didn’t like him as a starter in a 4-3 in Philly...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I said this in the other thread, but I think we'd have to work hard to sell the Steelers as a place where he'd have a good opportunity to start.

I'd love to have him on the team because I think we're kind of screwed if we lose Bostic to injury. But, I bet he goes somewhere where he's clearly the starter.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I said this in the other thread, but I think we'd have to work hard to sell the Steelers as a place where he'd have a good opportunity to start.

I'd love to have him on the team because I think we're kind of screwed if we lose Bostic to injury. But, I bet he goes somewhere where he's clearly the starter.
    He'd be the best ILB on our roster in 2018.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

How many teams would he have a better chance at starting than with us?
    Not like we got probowlers at the position.
    It is arguably the weakest position on the team.

If he cant start with us, he aint a starter.