Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: That 4th and 1 against Jags in our last game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He’s always honest.
    i do remember him calling you an a-hole once, so i guess you are right.
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every year.........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid
    i guess you are right.
    wow, thanks for being honest here.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    wow, thanks for being honest here.
    I'm always honest.

It's redundant to bash Tomlin when we are criticizing the OC or DC.

It all falls under the Tomlin umbrella. He gets the praise when we win and the blame when we lose.

Criticize players and coaches isn't shifting blame.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

It's redundant to bash Tomlin when we are criticizing the OC or DC.

It all falls under the Tomlin umbrella. He gets the praise when we win and the blame when we lose.
    LOL. With some on this board, Tomlin gets NONE of the blame when we lose; others here can say nothing GOOD about him, even when we win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    LOL. With some on this board, Tomlin gets NONE of the blame when we lose; others here can say nothing GOOD about him, even when we win.
    That's true.. and not true. lol...

He has another L on his record whenever we lose.

I think when folks are discussing the game MOST of the talk is on players who didn't play well. Sure, one can blame Tomlin for not preparing them but since we win at a high clip, it makes more sense to blame players or certain plays that change the tide of a game.

Can we really dog Tomlin out when we see Ben throw 5 INT's or see Pouncey get blown up on a key play?

He definitely deserves blame for the defense though, even with Shazier we have seen them play subpar on D. Plus we now know he has more input on D so it's well deserved.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

For some people, if you don't demand that Tomlin be fired after every loss, that somehow means you think "he can do no wrong"...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    For some people, if you don't demand that Tomlin be fired after every loss, that somehow means you think "he can do no wrong"...
    this too..lol
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Probably not the smartest thing weve ever done. We saw the volcano up close the day before they closed down the park and we got a little concerned when it started raining ash on our rental car. Looks like we got out of there just in time.
    Considering this is in the news today, I'd say yeah...just in time.

Summit of Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, sending plume of ash and smoke 30,000 feet high

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/us/ha...ano/index.html
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Probably not the smartest thing weve ever done. We saw the volcano up close the day before they closed down the park and we got a little concerned when it started raining ash on our rental car. Looks like we got out of there just in time.
    8 years ago Mrs. Ghost and I were in Dublin, Ireland when the volcano blew in Iceland and no planes could take off b/c the ash in the air could cause them to crash. We got stuck in Dublin for a few extra days (which sounds good except it's not free and we were out of cloths). Be glad no flights were grounded. It was chaos in Europe when that happened.