Thread: Signings

Legend

User Info Menu

Signings

Probably not very significant moves -- R.J. Prince, OT, North Carolina State and Damoun Patterson, WR, Youngstown State, signed to contracts after this weekend's minicamp. No word yet on who will be waived to make room for them.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd like to see that guy who had the spinal cord contusion and was paralyzed a few years ago signed. Also the WR who was a walk-on a few years ago, and this is his 3rd "rookie mini-camp" ... it'd be a nice story if he were signed also.

Or maybe that's who D. Patterson is??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I'd like to see that guy who had the spinal cord contusion and was paralyzed a few years ago signed. Also the WR who was a walk-on a few years ago, and this is his 3rd "rookie mini-camp" ... it'd be a nice story if he were signed also.

Or maybe that's who D. Patterson is??
    No, I think Patterson was playing in college last fall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign two from rookie tryouts

Posted 2 hours ago

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

The Steelers signed Damoun Patterson and R.J. Prince.

Damoun Patterson and R.J. Prince went into Steelers rookie minicamp trying to make an impression.

They both left signing a contract.

Patterson and Prince were both invited to the three-day camp on a tryout basis, and it’s been proven over the past few years that Coach Mike Tomlin truly gives each player an opportunity. These two being the latest.

Patterson, a wide receiver from Youngstown State, caught 32 passes for 555 yards and four touchdowns last season, and 20 passes for 484 yards and two touchdowns in 2016. He also played on special teams, with 17 tackles over two seasons.

I can’t write in cursive but I just signed my rookie contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. God be the glory  pic.twitter.com/IxqG7rrzSW

— Damoun Patterson (@chasing_ May 13, 2018

Prince, a guard who played at North Carolina, started 11 of the 12 games he played in last season. He started 12 games his junior year.

Truly appreciative of the staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers for giving me this opportunity! Officially a Pittsburgh Steeler! Time to get to work pic.twitter.com/6Kr1FLbeLt

— RJ Prince (@rdprince71) May 13, 2018

The team released tackle Ikenna Nwokeji, an undrafted rookie free agent from Elon.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-4/Steelers-sign-two-from-rookie-tryouts/917373bd-653d-4290-bf81-6fc8614701ba
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

cant write in cursive?
    OMG, lets see his wonderlic score
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    cant write in cursive?
    OMG, lets see his wonderlic score
    My cursive is not the stuff of a monastery monk either....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Patterson is a interesting 90th man headed for camp. He could get cut before camp even starts so no reason to get excited however he looks like a natural hands catcher with enough speed 4.45 enough height 6 ft n 192lbs to at least be able to compete at camp. Watching parts of games against the likes of S. Illinois or N Dakota St or James Madison it is not close to the level he will see even at camp but he tracks the ball well and is very quick. Now I did not see him get jammed much so that is a to be determined but got some skills to work with. He was a gunner on special teams and for him to have any chance for the practice squad he'll need to shine there. He'll be an interesting watch at camp this summer.