Thread: Rookie Draft Pick Uniform Number Predictions

Legend

User Info Menu

Rookie Draft Pick Uniform Number Predictions

Terrell Edmunds. He wore 22 in college, but Stevan Ridley currently wears that for the Steelers. I predict that they assign him a number in the 40's, because both DB's and LB's can wear numbers in the 40's. The only available numbers in the 40's right now are 43 and 47. I don't see them giving Troy's number to their first safety drafted in round 1 since Polamalu himself. Mel Blount's number has been assigned a few times since he retired, so I think Edmunds starts out wearing 47 at this weekend's minicamp and possibly throughout training camp as well, also I think will request a change to 22 when we make the 53 man roster cut and Ridley doesn't make the team.

James Washington. He wore 28 in college, but pro receivers don't wear numbers in the 20's, only 80's and teens. Mike Hilton wears 28 here anyway. I guess he'll keep a number ending in "8" and go with 18.

Mason Rudolph. His college number 2 is available, so that's likely what he'll wear here as well.

Chukwuma Okorafor. He wore 77 in college, but Marcus Gilbert wears that here. I think they give Chris Hubbard's old 74 to the guy drafted to replace Chris Hubbard.

Marcus Allen. His college number was also 2 like Rudolph. However, DB's don't wear single digits in the pros (and I just gave 2 to Mason already anyway). His selection was the nail in the coffin for J.J. Wilcox in Pittsburgh, so he inherits the 27.

Jaylen Samuels wore both 28 and 1 in college. Single digits are reserved for quarterbacks, kickers, and punters in the NFL, and although Samuels is versatile, he doesn't play any of those positions, and 28 is already taken by Mike Hilton. The open numbers in the 30's right now are 32, 34, 36, and 38. He's not getting the numbers for Franco or the Bus, so for this RB/FB combo, it's either the 34 of RB Rashard Mendenhall and FB Tim Lester or 38 of RB Tim Worley and FB Jon Witman. Give me 34 here.

Josh Frazier. His college number 69 is available, so that's likely what he'll wear here as well.
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was hoping early on that Samuels could wear the number 26; Since it won't be in any use for the first few months of camp and pre-season. I'm thinking it would give the rest of the offensive players some additional mental comfort.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rookie minicamp jersey numbers:

Terrell Edmunds #34
    James Washington #13
    Mason Rudolph #2
    Chuks Okorafor #76
    Marcus Allen #27
    Jaylen Samuels #38
    Joshua Frazier #69

Also of note: Adeniyi will be wearing #92...

Not bad with the predictions, Ruth!

Of course, it will all be subject to change...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rookie jersey number predictions? Really Ruthless?

Can we bring back another pro football league cause off season is WAYYY too long.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Rookie jersey number predictions? Really Ruthless?

Can we bring back another pro football league cause off season is WAYYY too long.
    If the Penguins were still playing, this never would have happened.

At first glance, all the numbers for the new draft picks seem fitting, except for our top pick Edmunds. Although both DB's and RB's can wear numbers in the 30's, I always think of 34 as more of an RB number than a DB number. But then I thought of Andy Russell wearing 34 at LB back in the day, and it made me smile. I still think he eventually switches back to his college number 22 when the roster gets reducted to the final 51 if (when) Stevan Ridley gets cut.
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I feel you Ruth............

Starter

User Info Menu

Washington should go from 28 to 82.

Legend

User Info Menu

Noticeably one number the equipment manager didn't put aside out of reach of a Rookie:

-
    outside linebacker Olasunkanmi Adeniyi of Toledo wore #92
    ... (see my link in the Rookie Minicamp thread for details)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!