Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudolph grilled on white board by Mooch

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Of course he's not going to start game one unless all QB's go down with injuries in pre-season. Of course the team is not going to put that pressure on him. But I think all QB's on every roster should be preparing themselves as if they might need to go in game one.

Don't confuse the team's intention with how a QB should prepare. Backup QB's don't pick a game somewhere in the middle of the season to be ready. They need to be ready to go at any time. The QB's in front of them can go down at any time, at the drop of a hat.
    right? who the hell prepares to chill for 7 games at this level?

A professional NFL player should be ready on day 1 regardless of the depth chart.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    What if Rudolph lights it up in camp and the preseason? Would you guys be good with the Steelers shopping Landry for a 3rd rounder (is that a realistic choice) next year and going with Rudolph #2 and Dobbs stays at 3? Risky, but I'd do it.
    I hope that's the plan.

While Landry is a decent backup if we can shop him, save some cash and get a nice return why not?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nobody is giving up a 3rd for Landry jones. i woukd be surprised if he would even merit a 6th or 7th and at that point it's not worth it

if Dobbs is as good as some here believe let him show it in camp and go from there. I'm not holding my breath

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    nobody is giving up a 3rd for Landry jones. i woukd be surprised if he would even merit a 6th or 7th and at that point it's not worth it

if Dobbs is as good as some here believe let him show it in camp and go from there. I'm not holding my breath
    Giving up a third for Landry Jones??? Who's smoking crack at this time of morning?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Tomlin and Co. love Landry Jones a lot more than most of us do, and have him penciled in at #2 for this season. I just can't see how Dobbs can make the 53. If they try to stash him on the PS, I suspect someone will grab him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think Tomlin and Co. love Landry Jones a lot more than most of us do, and have him penciled in at #2 for this season. I just can't see how Dobbs can make the 53. If they try to stash him on the PS, I suspect someone will grab him.
    and that would be okay. He's a good kid and needs a shot somewhere.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Probably. Too bad because I think Dobbs has more to work with then Jones. Jones is what he is right now; no more upside in him. But I think Dobbs will show marked improvement and has mobility to slide effectively in that pocket if need be to buy time and throw.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Rudolph can earn the #2 spot, and, hopefully he can, then Landry needs to go and Dobbs stays...they won’t pay Landry $2 million to be #3...

If Rudolph is going to be the franchise, then he will need the reps at #2 to develop his skills...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's a cool article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/19/17372348/which-nfl-team-would-be-the-best-fit-for-him-mason-rudolph-spoke-of-only-one-team-the-steelers-draft

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A few domino's would need to fall to recover a draft pick for Jones. First Rudolph would need to ball out. Dobbs would need to show some improvement. Last;y someone will be needed for a dance partner perhaps someone gets dinged up in the preseason.
    All possible but not probable. And like Ruthless stated a 6 is likely in return not a 3.