Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Is Wondering What I've Been Wondering

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Oh, so your saying your happy with two superbowls in the last 15 years? Well then, lets just close up shop! No need of all the complaining if everybody's happy!! I say we underachieved. Ben has had some of the best talent around him for the majority of his career - So, what's been the problem? Oh, I know. Tomlin? Arians? Haley? And soon to be Fitchner...
    How many teams have won more than two SBs in the last 15 years?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    How many teams have won more than two SBs in the last 15 years?
    We are the Steelers, not, other teams! Yes, we're spoiled and expect to always be a cut above. So, I don't rest on those laurels! During the BR-era, like I've said, he has had plenty of good players around him. If he's he QB that some of you swear by, as in, franchise, do it all, carrying the team, kind of QB, then why haven't we won more? It's not like there has been a plethora of dominant teams (other that N.E.) that have stood in our way!

You would a guy like him who is alleged to be so superior, like some say, top three, wouldn't you think he would have figured out a way to overcome his biggest nemesis? It's like with Ben, everything has to be perfect for him to succeed. Defense has to lock down, WR's can't drop a pass, running game has to be on, field goal kicker can't miss a kick... I mean, come on! That don't sound like a QB I want to go to battle with...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Also, do you realize in Super Bowl XLV - the last one we played in and lost to GB. Our receiving core consisted of Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Randle El, Emanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown and Heath Miller. All those receivers on the same team at one time. How could you not get it done with that firepower? Half of GB secondary (Charles Woodson) their best player was out of the game in the second quarter... I'm like WHAT!!! BR should have lit up the scoreboard...

Also, you have had the best WR, RB, a very good OL, along with other weapons for the past three years and still can't put up points. Well, whose fault is that? Sorry, but I can't blame the OC when you've had a 12-year veteran franchise QB at the helms! It just doesn't add up!!

Legend

User Info Menu

We are the Steelers, not, other teams! Yes, we're spoiled and expect to always be a cut above. So, I don't rest on those laurels! During the BR-era, like I've said, he has had plenty of good players around him. If he's he QB that some of you swear by, as in, franchise, do it all, carrying the team, kind of QB, then why haven't we won more? It's not like there has been a plethora of dominant teams (other that N.E.) that have stood in our way!

You would a guy like him who is alleged to be so superior, like some say, top three, wouldn't you think he would have figured out a way to overcome his biggest nemesis? It's like with Ben, everything has to be perfect for him to succeed. Defense has to lock down, WR's can't drop a pass, running game has to be on, field goal kicker can't miss a kick... I mean, come on! That don't sound like a QB I want to go to battle with...
    Out of the last 15 Super Bowls, the AFC squad was quarterbacked by a QB named Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger every time except for one. Those are your elite AFC QB's of this generation. No questions asked. Hall of Famer all.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

As a Steelers fan, you can feel free to have higher expectations...it just doesn’t make them reasonable...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    As a Steelers fan, you can feel free to have higher expectations...it just doesn’t make them reasonable...
    Why shouldn't they be "reasonable!" Patriots believe they're going to the Super Bowl every year, and guess what, they do! So, tell me, why shouldn't I think the same when we allegedly have a QB a notch below Brady and he is usually surrounded by better talent?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Out of the last 15 Super Bowls, the AFC squad was quarterbacked by a QB named Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger every time except for one. Those are your elite AFC QB's of this generation. No questions asked. Hall of Famer all.
    We'll see!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Why shouldn't they be "reasonable!" Patriots believe they're going to the Super Bowl every year, and guess what, they do! So, tell me, why shouldn't I think the same when we allegedly have a QB a notch below Brady and he is usually surrounded by better talent?
    And now the goal posts move....

I thought we were talking about SB wins?

I thought you didn’t care about other teams?

Finally, you didn’t answer my question...

Legend

User Info Menu

That isn’t reasonable. What the Patriots have done in these last few years is the exception not the norm. They’ve also been caught cheating, deflating footballs and benefited from an insane amount of calls from the refs.

The fact is the Pats are good for business. It’s the reason teams didn’t make too much noise when they destroyed the tapes.

Fans hate the Pats and tune in to root against them... I know I do.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

boom............................. if you think little, little will happen for you.