Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Is Wondering What I've Been Wondering

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Is Wondering What I've Been Wondering

Was the Josh Dobbs pick last year a wasted pick?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05/roethlisberger-surprised-rudolph-was-drafted-wonders-if-steelers-screwed-up-dobbs-selection/

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m more concerned with Ben saying he won’t help Mason because Mason said it’s not Ben’s job to mentors him. I know he was being sarcastic but it’s obvious drafting another QB frustrated Ben.

He also said he expected the FO to draft someone who could help the team win now.

This is why you don’t speak about retirement and year to year.

Ben has a lot of Brett Favre in him. I thought he was an Elway fan?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yeah, the team has a greater responsibility than just catering to Ben or the other QBs...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

This is just the beginning folks. Next Ben is going to want an extension in the amount of 30-40 a year with a lot of it guaranteed. And this is why I say Ben will not be playing for the Steelers after his current contract is up. No way do you extend him for that money at ages 38, 39, and 40. Trade him after next year and get a pretty good haul of picks plus free up 23 million for 2019. It's the smart move folks. When we see what Mason Rudolph can do many of the naysayers will be tryin to hitch a ride on this bandwagon.

Banned

User Info Menu

I didn’t like Ben’s tone in this article. Not at all.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23406759/quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-surprised-pittsburgh-steelers-drafted-mason-rudolph

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieboy View Post
    This is just the beginning folks. Next Ben is going to want an extension in the amount of 30-40 a year with a lot of it guaranteed. And this is why I say Ben will not be playing for the Steelers after his current contract is up. No way do you extend him for that money at ages 38, 39, and 40. Trade him after next year and get a pretty good haul of picks plus free up 23 million for 2019. It's the smart move folks. When we see what Mason Rudolph can do many of the naysayers will be tryin to hitch a ride on this bandwagon.
    30 to 40 mill?

I can see 30 now that Ryan has signed. Pretty sure Rogers is going to top Ryan’s contract.

I have no problem extending Ben a few years if he is still playing at a high level but part of me has always thought his money was the real reason we are up against the cap.

I dont think we will will get a nice haul for him but the tone in this article makes me believe this is his last contract.

If he told them them he was playing 3 to 5 years they either didn’t believe him or didn’t care.

Ben has no one to blame but himself for all the retirement talk.

one other thing, when folks call him a drama queen...

just sayin’
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is who Ben is. A selfish, entitled, drama queen who is not a leader! He actually thinks he's bigger than the team. IMO Ben's play nor attitude over the past couple of seasons has not warranted him "good faith" with the FO. His best days are behind him, he knows it and he's trying to hold on for dear life. if the FO is smart the would be warming up his seat on the bus out of town after the 2019 season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I didn’t like Ben’s tone in this article. Not at all.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23406759/quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-surprised-pittsburgh-steelers-drafted-mason-rudolph

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-mason-rudolph

I showed you in the past week ago how to make your quotes clickable, and I think someone else did too. Did you not see those posts, or do you still have questions, or have you maybe just decided you don't want to do that?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

He also said he expected the FO to draft someone who could help the team win now.

I think this is the heart of Ben's frustration. He wants to win another Super Bowl. He knows if the team would shore up their weakest area (defense), they would have a really good shot at it. Instead, the team spends 3 of its first 4 draft picks on offense, choosing to do little to help win now. Should he have made the comments he did concerning Rudolph? No. But if I was him, I'd be frustrated, too.

Legend

User Info Menu

None of this is new. Longtime Starting QB’s have a history of not liking their possible heir apparent. Montana didn’t care for Young, Farve ignored Rogers.

I actually like it. It will light a fire under Big Ben to put up monster numbers this season. I’d probably be more concerned if he didn’t care that the Steelers drafted a QB.