Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Is Wondering What I've Been Wondering

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m more concerned with Ben saying he won’t help Mason because Mason said it’s not Ben’s job to mentors him. I know he was being sarcastic but it’s obvious drafting another QB frustrated Ben.
    Not "concerned nor surprised. I LUV Masons quote, and if you get what he was saying, I understand Bens response.
    I heard Mason's qoute and immediately thought, this kid aint content to sit and learn from the veteran. He wants the job NOW, as unrealistic as that might be.
    Ben responded as I expected.

Dizz, for the first time Ben's competitive juices are flowing, and given the chance this kid wants to strip the king of his crown. I love it.

He also said he expected the FO to draft someone who could help the team win now.
    Also perfectly understandable. Bens interest is about winning NOW, I dont expect him to be happy that a pick the could have made HIS team better was spent on his potential replacemant

This is why you don’t speak about retirement and year to year.

Ben has a lot of Brett Favre in him. I thought he was an Elway fan?
    This is TRUTH. Had Ben not dropped the retirement talk on us, we might be FAR LESS inclined to be on the hunt for his replacement.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    None of this is new. Longtime Starting QB’s have a history of not liking their possible heir apparent. Montana didn’t care for Young, Farve ignored Rogers.

I actually like it. It will light a fire under Big Ben to put up monster numbers this season. I’d probably be more concerned if he didn’t care that the Steelers drafted a QB.
    I fully agree.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's be honest... Ben may intend to play 3-5 more years, but, at his age, there are a # of factors that could see him ending his career far sooner than that. I have always said... Ben wins another SB and he rides off into the sunset like Bettis. He is also one more major injury (including a concussion) away from likely hanging it up. His wife (Physician's Asst) has been concerned about the CTE injuries, and would no doubt like him to retire.
    The FO has followed Rudolph closely throughout the process, and its obvious they believe that he can be Ben's successor. If he ends up being that guy...then its a solid pick (even as a 1st rounder). The fact that we got him in the 3rd could potentially be the greatest Steeler value picks since AB. Time will tell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Please stop making excuses for him. He sounds like a total and complete idiot showing his TRUE colors! Ben is all about Ben! He couldn't care less about winning another super bowl. He had his chances but instead of leading the team to the promise land as real leaders do, he would rather throw his coaches under the bus...

Let's be real, Ben Me-thlisbeger - sees all this money being thrown around to QB's and he is trying to set himself up for another $100 million dollar contract, and he believes the FO is dumb enough to buy into it. Meanwhile, they won't pay LB in his prime, but give him a new contract at 37? We would be the laughing stock of the league! I hope the FO sees through all of his BS and does the right thing!! The Mason Rudolph era can't get here soon enough

Rookie

User Info Menu

I was laughing about how the Browns drafted “Baker Manziel”, but then our QB turned into “Brett Roethlisberger.”
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    The Mason Rudolph era can't get here soon enough
    Careful what you wish for.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To a point, does he have legit question?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Maybe. But just because you can say something doesn’t mean that it’s a good idea.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Careful what you wish for.
    14-15 years of the drama queen is more than enough for me. Try something new, you might like it... The Me-thisberger era hasn't been all the wine and roses it's been cracked up to be. Yeah, we won 2 superbowls due to great defenses. But we probably could have won 4 or 5 if we would have had better quarterback play!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Once he said the R word he shot himself in the foot.

You can’t talk about one year at a time and then act shocked and surprised when people call your bluff.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"