Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed my thoughts about the Bell contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Changed my thoughts about the Bell contract

Not for nothing, but after reading that Matt Ryan will be averaging $30 million per year i don't blame Bell one bit.
    I hate that it's the Steelers that he's doing it to, but Ryans contract is ridiculous.
    Things are getting way out of hand with QB salaries

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/5...-that-man-paid

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah - $30M/year with $100M guaranteed!! That just seems insane. Every new big name contract has to set a record and there seems to be no end in sight. Is this not going to hurt the Falcons' ability to keep a good team around him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Not for nothing, but after reading that Matt Ryan will be averaging $30 million per year i don't blame Bell one bit.
    I hate that it's the Steelers that he's doing it to, but Ryans contract is ridiculous.
    Things are getting way out of hand with QB salaries

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/5...-that-man-paid
    I am in the minority - I've been a Bell backer the whole time. Like you said, I hate that it's the Steelers, BUT... If I'm him, I'm asking for what AB gets... if we're the triplets, pay me as such. PARTICULARLY since I touch the ball 3-4 times more than AB per game..

Edit: that's not 3-4 more TOUCHES... that is a MULTIPLE... 25 touches vs 7, for example
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 05-04-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers are their own worst enemies with regard to Bell.
    Reduce his emphasis in the offense, stats go down, contract value goes with it. Spread the ball to others. This is EXACTLY what Belichick does.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Reduce his emphasis in the offense, stats go down, contract value goes with it. Spread the ball to others. This is EXACTLY what Belichick does.

only if they cave to his demands.
    run the hell out of him and let him walk next year.
    players dont care about winning, they want the money
    fans that want to give those guys the money, dont care about winning. they care about their favorite player and his fantasy stats
    franchise qbs are a different breed. you have to have a great one(most of the time) if you really want to stay relevant and win a super bowl
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    fans that want to give those guys the money, dont care about winning. they care about their favorite player and his fantasy stats
    franchise qbs are a different breed. you have to have a great one(most of the time) if you really want to stay relevant and win a super bowl
    Do you believe that it isn't possible for a guy to both want to win AND be showed the love?
    Bell is the top guy "from scrimmage" in the entire league for the last few years. And his per game yardage average is the best EVER... like EVER...

(this a year ago, but, IIRC, didn't he finish the season as the fastest to 8000 yards from scrimmage EVER?)

In his 45 career games, Bell has 3,830 rushing yards and 1,952 receiving yards, for a total of 5,782 yards from scrimmage. That works out to an average of 128.5 scrimmage yards per game. That’s the best average in NFL history.
    Jim Brown averaged 125.5 scrimmage yards a game. Barry Sanders averaged 118.9. Terrell Davis averaged 113.9. Walter Payton averaged 111.9. Marshall Faulk averaged 108.8.
    I know, I know, we all knock NFL players for being selfish and asking too much. But, it's really hard to knock THIS guy for having this kind of career thus far and complaining that he's not getting paid. If ya do, YOU are the one being selfish as a fan.

Trust me, I want the team to be good. I want them to make wise financial decisions. But, I can't knock Bell for standing his ground on this one.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been trying to tell folks but they don't want to hear it. NFL teams have money. The cap goes up damn near every year.

If a 33 year old QB can make $30 mill why is it insane for a 26 year old RB who touches the ball 25 times a game to make 16 per year?

Especially when he has the most yards from scrimmage per game for the last 3 years.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    but our wins may go down too.

why wouldn't you use the guy you drafted as much as possible to win games and help protect the QB who is known to take a ton of hits?

Bell in the passing game and as a 3rd down back who can pick up the blitz isn't common. It's rare. When you find a guy like that you don't limit his touches just because he wants compensation.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    no, YOU are being selfish. You want Bell on the cheap.

I could see if Bell was trash but the guy produces and helps keep our franchise QB clean.

He helps us win games whether you want to admit it or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    no, YOU are being selfish. You want Bell on the cheap.

I could see if Bell was trash but the guy produces and helps keep our franchise QB clean.

He helps us win games whether you want to admit it or not.
    He doesn't want Bell cheap. He wants Bell gone.

Getting rid of a top offensive weapon means that it's more likely that this team loses.

Which makes it more likely that Tomlin gets fired. Isn't that the desired end game?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.