Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Some execs considered Edmunds a top 15 player

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some execs considered Edmunds a top 15 player

Some might have been surprised to see Terrell Edmunds go in first round but NFL teams were not. Spoke with several execs/coaches this week and all said hes a first-round talent. One likened him to a skinnier Keanu Neal. Another said he was a top-15 player in the draft.

Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) May 1, 2018
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers hit a home run with this pick. If he is used, as it is being reported, like they used Troy, with his speed (closing ability), football intelligence, tackling and hitting ability, he is going to excel at a very high level.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope you're right. I just start to get real nervous when I hear it said of a draft pick (as I've heard about Edmunds), "We think he'll make a lot better pro than he did a college player." What that usually means is that the player wasn't picked that high because of his past on-field performance, but mainly because of good measurables and perceived potential. Quite often, such players don't really pan out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieboy View Post
    I think the Steelers hit a home run with this pick. If he is used, as it is being reported, like they used Troy, with his speed (closing ability), football intelligence, tackling and hitting ability, he is going to excel at a very high level.
    Yeah, but will he make an impact this season?

Backup

User Info Menu

Hopefully they will not make a Subway sandwich of his face like they did with Jarvis Jones!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Hopefully they will not make a Subway sandwich of his face like they did with Jarvis Jones!
    Who's Jarvis Jones?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I hope you're right. I just start to get real nervous when I hear it said of a draft pick (as I've heard about Edmunds), "We think he'll make a lot better pro than he did a college player." What that usually means is that the player wasn't picked that high because of his past on-field performance, but mainly because of good measurables and perceived potential. Quite often, such players don't really pan out.
    Edmunds didn’t focus on one position in college...they lined him up everywhere from CB to high safety to LB...

Backup

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jerrell Jones is an American football outside linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Georgia, and was recognized as a consensus All-American twice. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 17th overall pick in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

I was trying to make a 'funny' about 1st round picks. Guess it wasn't . Back to lurking, LOL.

Banned

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jerrell Jones is an American football outside linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Georgia, and was recognized as a consensus All-American twice. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 17th overall pick in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

I was trying to make a 'funny' about 1st round picks. Guess it wasn't . Back to lurking, LOL.
    I smelled what you were cooking, Kindle! Good stuff!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was being sarcastic my friend. It’s all good.