Thread: So what do we do now?? Dang - I cannot WAIT for the season to start!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

So what do we do now?? Dang - I cannot WAIT for the season to start!!!

I mean seriously, WFT do we do before now and the first news from training camp?

This is going to be torture!!

(Never felt this way before ... maybe it's because I paid more attention to the draft this year than I have before).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

We argue about who stays and who goes.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We argue about who stays and who goes.
    We argue 4-3 or 3-4
    Or talk about who we can get "on the cheap"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

OTAs, minicamp dates are set

Posted Apr 2, 2018

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

Football is coming fast as the offseason program dates have been set.

The official start of football season is still months away, but the offseason program is almost ready to get rolling.

The NFL, under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, has divided the offseason into three phases, with it all kicking off for the Steelers on April 16. It will culminate with the team’s mandatory minicamp, which will be held June 12-14.

The dates for Organized Team Activities (OTAs) are officially set, beginning May 22 and running through June 7.

Phase One
    Players will return to the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex beginning on April 16 for Phase One. This phase, which is a two-week period, is limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.

Phase Two
    The next phase of the program starts on April 30 and runs for a three week period. During this time, according to the NFL, “on-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a ‘separates’ basis.” During this time there is no live contact or team offense vs. team defense going against each other. The Steelers can hold their three-day rookie minicamp during this phase, which can be held either the week or two weeks after the NFL Draft.

Phase Three
    Phase Three is OTAs phase. During this time, which officially begins on May 22 for the Steelers and runs for a total of four weeks, the Steelers will hold the 10 OTAs they are permitted to have. There is no live contact during OTAs, but the team can take part in 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills. The team will also hold a veteran minicamp during this time, which will run from June 12-14.

Steelers OTAs schedule:

Tuesday, May 22 – OTA #1
    Wednesday, May 23 – OTA #2
    Thursday, May 24 – OTA #3
    Tuesday, May 29 – OTA #4
    Wednesday, May 30 – OTA #5
    Thursday, May 31 – OTA #6
    Monday, June 4 – OTA #7
    Tuesday, June 5 – OTA #8
    Wednesday, June 6 – OTA #9
    Thursday, June 7 – OTA #10

Steelers Mandatory Minicamp:
    Tuesday, June 12 – Day 1
    Wednesday, June 13 – Day 2
    Thursday, June 14 – Day 3

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/OTAs-minicamp-dates-are-set/b99cd134-3e0f-4474-8cd8-254f42cbd2c1
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    We argue 4-3 or 3-4
    We wonder who can change positions. Get used to the phrase "Can he play ILB?"

Backup

User Info Menu

We have the unending debate over whether this draft was a transcendent success or an unmitigated failure!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    We argue 4-3 or 3-4
    The 2 -2-7 is coming. Big nickle plus will be rolled out at camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I mean seriously, WFT do we do before now and the first news from training camp?

This is going to be torture!!

(Never felt this way before ... maybe it's because I paid more attention to the draft this year than I have before).
    The Bell drama will help pass the time.