Thread: Post draft Analysis

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Post draft Analysis

A few thoughts that make me really happy about this draft.

1) Regardless of where they were taken. If you told me last week that our first 3 pick would net us Rudolph, Washington and Edmunds I would have been thrilled.

2) The fact that we now have our QB of the future and do not have to worry about using a high draft pick on a QB in the next couple of years keeps us set up for years of draft success.

3) The Rudolph/Washington connection cannot be more exciting.

4) Edmunds IMO will essentially be replacing Shazier in 70% of the game.

5) Okorafor will either be Munchaks next great project or flame out in a couple years. I like the chances of coaching him up.

6) Sanders will be a fun piece to watch. I say he gets 5 td's this season.

7) Our UDFA's are VERY underwhelming. Thomas and Gilmore were top 100 HS recruits and will be interesting to see how they pan out.

Interesting to see the love given to our 2 new position coaches in drafting Allen and Frazier. Allen is a young Mike Mitchell. All hit no cover. Frazier is just a space eater. Hopefully he can displace McCullers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thank you.
    You saved me for doing a write up on this.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

True long ball-covering safety?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks SKL. Nice post. I kind of thought after they drafted Allen, that Edmunds would be used like Shazier in a lot of situations. If he is moderately successful and Rudolph pans out, then the draft is worth it.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Rudolph pans out and is the next franchise qb for the Steelers, this draft was a complete success even if the rest of the picks suck.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    If Rudolph pans out and is the next franchise qb for the Steelers, this draft was a complete success even if the rest of the picks suck.
    But it would help mightily if his WR works out like they did in college.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

From SI about Edmunds:

”...saying a team could have drafted a player lower than they did is an assumptive statement based on a butterfly effect. Fruitless.”

If he plays as well as we hope, nobody will care when he was drafted or if he was a “reach” at the time...if he doesn’t, he will be regarded as a bust...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.