Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-draft Rambles III

Starter

User Info Menu

Pre-draft Rambles III

* Call me a geek, I can't wait to see how this draft unfolds, I have a feeling that this draft is going to be nuts. We already saw how many trades there were leading up to the draft. I have a feeling there are going to be plenty more to come.

*Bell issue, If Guice drops to us at 28 do we take him and work out a trade for Bell for another team. The way how the draft is layed out, we could have 24 hours to SIGN and trade Bell before the 2nd day of the draft.
    Clev. Indy, ( both these teams have multiple picks in the 2nd and also have cap space), TB, Giants, Denver, Oakland, Miami, GB.... there are a lot of RB needy teams in the top of the second. Maybe grab a 4th in addition.

* Shaun Dion Hamilton, could he be the biggest steal in the draft as an ILB? Wasn't he the starter over Evans in 2017 and 2018, before he kept on gettting injured? Is he damage goods or just one of those players that keeps on having bad luck with injuries.
    Take him in the 3rd? Could we draft 2 LSU LBs if we go with Evans in the 1st.

*** Trade from Clev. and Indy
    1) Guice
    2a)
    2b)
    2c)
    PICK FROM: BPA.... Rudolf, Reid/Harrison/Bates, Kirk/Chalk/Washington, Gesiski/Goedert, Carter/Hubbard, Jefferson/Nwosu
    3) Shaun Dion Hamilton

* Does V. Mcdonald have any trade value? (LOL) Why do I want to get rid of him so bad, I guess his big contract and Green syndrom ( injuries).
    I realy miss the days of HEATH!
    1) Harrison, S
    2) Nsowu, ILB
    3) Pettis, WR
    5) Ballenger, RB
    5) D. Shultz, TE
    7) Gage, WR
    7) Frazier, DL

* trade Bryant a 3rd and 5th to Indy for #49 and a 4th

1) Evans LB
    2a) Gesicki, TE
    2b) Chark, WR
    4) Nwsu or OO, LB
    5) White, S
    7) Hood, NT
    7) Frazier, NT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would lose my ****ing mind if Rudolph is a steeler tomorrow night

Evans and LVE seem like the obvious targets and I am fine with either. Josh Jackson and Justin Reid seems like guys that could be in play but the value just might not be there. Honestly it is not a bad year to trade up. It has been a long time since theyve made any moves at the top of the draft but if Roquan or Derwin start to fall just a little bit.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Honestly it is not a bad year to trade up. It has been a long time since theyve made any moves at the top of the draft but if Roquan or Derwin start to fall just a little bit.....
    Yeah...a top notch LB or safety would be worth the move up the ladder...I'm all for trading up to get Roquan, Tremaine, Derwin, or Minkah if any of them happen to fall lower than most pundits expect. Even if that means sacrificing a precious second round pick to do so.

If we were able to trade up for an elite linebacker like Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds, we could then hope that Jessie Bates falls to us in the 3rd (if not, then target another 3rd round safety prospect like Terrell Edmunds, Marcus Allen, or Kyzir White).

If we were able to trade up for an elite safety like Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick, we could then hope that Darius Leonard falls to us in the 3rd (if not, then target another 3rd round LB prospect like Shaquem Griffin, Jerome Baker, or Oren Burks).
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Treimaine might be the one that would be reachable; Smith wont be falling.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers have shown a willingness in the past to trade up for a special player. Question is if that special player exists in this years draft.

Starter

User Info Menu

I keep flip-flopping on who we should take...

1) I know we need to strengthen our D up the middle ( ILB, NT, S) (LVE, Evans, Reid Harrison, Payne)
    2) Then I was on drafting a TE, WR early to give up more weapons and a player to replace V. Mcdonald in the near future and other option to replace Bryant ( trade him). ( Kirk, Chalk, Washington, Gesiski, Goedert)
    3) Was thinking BPA might be OG to replace Foster. ( Price, Hernandez, Wynn)
    4) And now, I am on drafting Guice and send Bell with a sign and trade to INDY ( #37 & #49 ) or the Browns ( #35 & # 64) for 2 #2 and swap positions in the 3rd. ( I would add in Bryant too for a 3rd!)

Add in fact, Colbert made a reference when you draft for need over a better player, you will almost guarantee regret it.

1) Guice
    2a) Reid/Harrison/Bates
    2b) Wynn/Hernandez/Price or TACKLE Miller, O'neil
    2c) Goedert/ Gesiski/ Washington/Chalk
    3) Leonard/Kiser/Warner
    5) Shaun Dion Hamilton
    5) Allen, S
    7) Frazier, DL
    7) Pooling, ILB

Keep dreaming huh!
    1) Harrison, S
    2) Nsowu, ILB
    3) Pettis, WR
    5) Ballenger, RB
    5) D. Shultz, TE
    7) Gage, WR
    7) Frazier, DL

* trade Bryant a 3rd and 5th to Indy for #49 and a 4th

1) Evans LB
    2a) Gesicki, TE
    2b) Chark, WR
    4) Nwsu or OO, LB
    5) White, S
    7) Hood, NT
    7) Frazier, NT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’d be PO’d if they pick a RB or QB in round 1.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’d be PO’d if they pick a RB or QB in round 1.
    Me too. That would just signal to me that they believe that they are in a rebuilding mode, whereas I am of the current belief that they are in a place to win a Super Bowl if a few cards fall right.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

QB wouldn't shock me. It's just BPA & they would feel he's a franchise guy. Regardless that BB said 2-3 years. He's going to walk away on Top more than likely. A Betting man may say if he wins SB 2019 he retires. So 2020 Steelers will be picking 32 for his replacement unless they feel Dobbs or Jones is the guy. Maybe there's someone there for Day 1 starter. Maybe that guy takes 2-3 years to develop. Or maybe you bring that guy in now to do it behind BB so when he does move one you have your guy. The Steelers are contenders even when BB retires. Not saying I like the pick...But this sounds like a possible thought process for them so it wouldn't shock me.
    1.Evans / LVE ILB
    2.Bates / Edmunds S
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    5.Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE

ILBs Off Board:
    1.Reid S
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE

ILBs & Reid Gone:BPA
    1.Guice RB
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Allen / Moore S
    5.James / Watson WR
    5..Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Taking Guice to me doesn't signal rebuilding. Won't have a "starter" until maybe week 2 or 3 until LB in football shape & grasps new material. JC has no body of work & coming off knee. Ridley bounces for reasons. So you get a guy in here who has 5 months of work & prepare him as starter. LB comes back Guice has role & LB has a tail. That's good for this team gunning for SB. If something happens to LB in season...Insurance. Cold reality is LB is gone after this year unless he gulps down his pride...Don't see that happening. If GUICE BPA I'm good with it.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-26-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    1.Evans / LVE ILB
    2.Bates / Edmunds S
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE

ILBs Off Board:
    1.Reid S
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB