Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With the 28th pick; "The Experts" say the Steelers will pick...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Calvin Ridley
    Hmmm, imagine him JuJu and AB on the field at the same time?
    I would be very ok with that if Evans doesn't fall.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Calvin Ridley
    Hmmm, imagine him JuJu and AB on the field at the same time?
    In Art Rooney II's spring press conference discussing where the team has room for improvement (which typically corresponds rather well with our ultimate early round picks), in addition to the obvious need for improved run defense, he also specified a need to improve our red zone efficiency.

One name who hasn't been mentioned here at all that I can remember at least, but is expected to come off the board in the late-1, early-2 region where we draft is SMU WR Courtland Sutton. He's a different style of receiver than AB, MB, or JJSS (Martavis-like height, but Juju-like strength), who has caught 31 TD passes over the last 3 seasons (49-862-9 in 2015, 76-1246-10 in 2016, and 68-1085-12 in 2017...plus another rushing TD as well). That's a heck of a red zone target. Situational player in 2018, and then a starter in 2019 in our base 3-wide set alongside AB and JJSS once MB moves on after this year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    We rarely move but idk feel we may move slightly back to get the 4 we don't have.

Wouldn't have to drop more than a couple picks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would be very ok with that if Evans doesn't fall.
    Glad to see your sig mock finally rounding into form Shawn

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Glad to see your sig mock finally rounding into form Shawn
    Yeah, only two names changed but thanks.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Saw Mayock's mock on NFLN last night. He had the Steelers picking.....Sony Michel, RB, Georgia.

On his board he had all 4 top ILBs gone, but he did have the Steelers passing on Guice. Reason for that was some type of character issue, but I hadn't seen anything about that before.

Interesting to note that Mayock is not the typical national guy with little insight into individual teams, and he has a connection to the Steelers as a former player, so he probably stays in tune with this team.

First time I've seen Michel mocked to the Steelers, and I think the first time I've seen him in the first round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Saw Mayock's mock on NFLN last night. He had the Steelers picking.....Sony Michel, RB, Georgia.

On his board he had all 4 top ILBs gone, but he did have the Steelers passing on Guice. Reason for that was some type of character issue, but I hadn't seen anything about that before.

Interesting to note that Mayock is not the typical national guy with little insight into individual teams, and he has a connection to the Steelers as a former player, so he probably stays in tune with this team.

First time I've seen Michel mocked to the Steelers, and I think the first time I've seen him in the first round.
    Not all 4 ILB's were gone before #28 in the Mayock mock. Leighton Vander Esch was not chosen by Mayock in his first round.

And as far as I know, the only investigation surrounding Guice is the league investigating whether or not teams were asking him inappropriate questions during Combine interviews.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Not all 4 ILB's were gone before #28 in the Mayock mock. Leighton Vander Esch was not chosen by Mayock in his first round.

And as far as I know, the only investigation surrounding Guice is the league investigating whether or not teams were asking him inappropriate questions during Combine interviews.
    I like the Trib’s column from this morning. The said they need to go “Polamalu” on this draft and trade up to get Roquan Smith. They admit the high price tag believe it’s more than worth it.

Banned

User Info Menu

If we try to move up, I want Martavius Bryant used as a chip to do so. He would be super attractive to Dallas right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

True about LVE - had forgotten that. He talked afterwards about the neck concerns and says that some teams have dropped him, others haven't. Would be interesting to see him fall into the mid second (if the Steelers don't draft an ILB in the first) to see if they move up.

As for Guice, he had him going to the Eagles at 32. He mentioned on the show that there were character concerns but didn't elaborate.