4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Banned

User Info Menu

Dupree needs to show something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Do I understand correctly that he's now guaranteed to make $9 million next season (2019)?
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Banned

User Info Menu

Steelers exercised OLB Bud Dupree's fifth-year option for 2019.

The No. 22 overall pick of the 2015 draft, Dupree has been mostly a disappointment through three seasons, recording just 14.5 sacks total. He had his most productive season last year, however, and the option is guaranteed for injury only, meaning the Steelers can still cut him next spring if he does not improve. If he plays out the option year, Dupree will earn $9.232 million in 2019.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Do I understand correctly that he's now guaranteed to make $9 million next season (2019)?
    It's guaranteed for injury only at this point.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It is guaranteed for injury only...like Shazier...

A fifth year option doesn't become fully guaranteed until the beginning of the next league year...so, if the light comes on for Dupree this season and he becomes a 10+ sack per year OLB, then he is under contract for 2019...if he has an otherwise disappointing season, he can be cut prior to March and the Steelers are on the hook for nothing...

The injury guarantee is only good if he would be completely unable to play in 2019, like Ryan Shazier this year...thankfully, those injuries are rare...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think Dupree is ever going to be a 10 sack OLB. We ask him to drop in coverage too often. I'm more concerned with run defense. Our sack total as a team was fine last year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't think Dupree is ever going to be a 10 sack OLB. We ask him to drop in coverage too often. I'm more concerned with run defense. Our sack total as a team was fine last year.
    Our run defense on Dupree's side was also fine last year...apparently, his coverage got the job done as well:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...-2017-and-what
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I read that Bust Dupree was a 4 year starter at tight end back in high school so maybe the Steelers have just been using him all wrong since they drafted him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Show time for Bud. He is not as bad as some make him out to be.

I also believe that Porter is NOT the coach we need developing our OLBs. IMO he should have also been shown the door when Lake left.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-23-2018 at 11:13 AM.