Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: OT: Brady** should be treated like Mark Macguire and Pete Rose, and *never* get into

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    OT: Brady** should be treated like Mark Macguire and Pete Rose, and *never* get into

    ... "and never get into the HOF".

    With Brady doing a "mini-holdout" and not committing to playing next year, and the talking heads yapping about his reservation to Canton already being made, I have to say I feel exactly the opposite, feeling strongly that we would have made it to 1 (2?) more SB except for *cheating* that he took part in.

    Deflategate alone is enough to bar him from getting in. His physically destroying his cell phone so they couldn't check for texts between him and the ball-handling Patriot staff should crush any consideration of letting him off the hook there.

    Add to that his complicity in Spygate, and this guy is as dirty as they come, Kale Smoothies and Belgian Endive Burgers notwithstanding.

    Reading defenses well and not throwing a lot of dumb passes doesn't compensate for cheating ... just like Pete Rose being "Mr. Hustle" didn't compensate for him betting on MLB games, or Mark Macguire having good hand-eye coordination didn't compensate for him using steroids.

    They're both never going to get into their HOF, and neither should Brady**.

    He's just a bum.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    You’ll get no argument from me.

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  3. #3
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    This is the NFL, not MLB. OJ Simpson is in the HOF. They'll never exclude Brady. When they destroyed the Spygate evidence, that tells you all you need to know about the integrity of the NFL, and how much they really care about rooting out cheating.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    There will be some token talk about him cheating, but I can't see the league having the stones not to put him in on the first ballot. If they don't, it kind of points out that their championships are illegitimate.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    There will be some token talk about him cheating, but I can't see the league having the stones not to put him in on the first ballot.
    But, thankfully, the league doesn’t control the HoF selection committee...

    I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some resistance...especially from cities who were victims of the cheating (for example, Pittsburgh)...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Wasn’t OJ in the HOF before the white bronco?

    Brady should definitely have an asterisk.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB


  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wasn’t OJ in the HOF before the white bronco?

    Brady should definitely have an asterisk.
    Yes sir, but two asterisks actually! One for Spygate, one for Deflategate.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This is the NFL, not MLB. OJ Simpson is in the HOF. They'll never exclude Brady. When they destroyed the Spygate evidence, that tells you all you need to know about the integrity of the NFL, and how much they really care about rooting out cheating.
    Boom...............................

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Every Super Bowl they won until the last two should have an asterisk because they were found to be cheating in those years. No doubt.

    Remember what Hines Ward said after the 2004 AFC championship game we lost 41-27. " It was like they knew our plays before we ran them"

    So right there is just one example of how they cheated us out of one super bowl right there.

    ** I don't care what the world says about Bellichek; because if he was so great, why was he caught cheating so much? You can't be great if you have to cheat.

  10. #10
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Every Super Bowl they won until the last two should have an asterisk because they were found to be cheating in those years. No doubt.

    Remember what Hines Ward said after the 2004 AFC championship game we lost 41-27. " It was like they knew our plays before we ran them"

    So right there is just one example of how they cheated us out of one super bowl right there.

    ** I don't care what the world says about Bellichek; because if he was so great, why was he caught cheating so much? You can't be great if you have to cheat.
    I think BB and Ernie Adams still have some kind of a cheating scheme going. In my experience, cheaters will continue to cheat unless and until all avenues of cheating are taken away from them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •