Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 draft shocker scenario

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

2018 draft shocker scenario

What if....

The Browns drafted 2 QBs with picks #1 and #4???

The Redskins took RG3 and Cousins, albeit several rounds apart - but it worked out for them in the way most thought it would not.

The Browns should shock the world and take 2 QBs, pit them against each other for healthy competition, and see who comes out on top. The other one can then be traded away for a high draft pick in return next year. What can it hurt - they suck at developing QBs, so might as well double their odds of finding a needle in a haystack who can succeed there.

Rookie

User Info Menu

And in Browns fashion both of them will bust
    Believe In Now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    And in Browns fashion both of them will bust
    I would hope so.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Browns want to win they better do it
    2017 Mock

1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass

2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

3. Josh Jones, S, N.C. State

3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic

5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)

7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania

Legend

User Info Menu

I’ve heard this scenario a while back on local sports radio. While I wouldn’t do it I could see it working in their favor in regards to finally getting a franchise QB.

I could also see them trading a QB who ends up being a HOFer while their guy turns into Ryan Leaf in his second year.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Starter

User Info Menu

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them trade out of one of those picks. As recently as last week, there were reportedly indications that they didn't know which of the top four quarterbacks they liked the best. If that's really the case, why not trade pick #1 for two or three fairly high picks, and use pick #4 to take one of the QBs remaining on the board at that point?

Backup

User Info Menu

I would love for them to do this. While it may help them land a franchise QB it basically guarantees they'll waste one of the picks. Sure they could trade one for a draft pick haul, but if one doesn't pan out, they may not get the return they hoped for.

Starter

User Info Menu

I really want the Browns to take Baker Mayfield at #1 just because he would fit perfectly into their traditional QB bust role.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora thinks the Browns might draft Darnold at #1 and then draft Mason Rudolph at the top of round 2...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Alex Kozora thinks the Browns might draft Darnold at #1 and then draft Mason Rudolph at the top of round 2...
    Sorry. I'm not buying it. Dorsey is not a continuation of the "amateur hour" the Browns have been rolling with.

I actually think after this draft the Browns will be a tough opponent. I'll go on record now predicting they finish second to us in the AFC North in 2018. Both the Bumgals and Ravens are in decline