Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: How would you react.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I thought I also heard that Ben threw 2 picks on day 1 of OTAs. Hope that isn't an indication of the regular season.
    That means our defense actually intercepted the ball twice on day 1 of OTAs. I hope THAT is an indication of the regular season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ben is a Hall of Fame, proven commodity. No one has any worries about what Ben can or will do. LOL
    Lmao. This isnít true at all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what's not true about it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That means our defense actually intercepted the ball twice on day 1 of OTAs. I hope THAT is an indication of the regular season.
    Alex K at the Depot charts picks in camp.

Last year we had the most ever.

Turned out it was more about QB play than DB play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben was just getting ready for the regular season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ben was just getting ready for the regular season
    FWIW, my guess is that lots of those picks came from the other 2 QBs as well. They have also shown a penchant for throwing picks in the pre-season.

My overall point was more that we probably shouldn't read too much into results from football in shorts vs. Ben and our QBs throw lots of picks.

I think Ben's pick rate was about league average last year. Although we'd maybe hope for better from a QB in the discussion for elite status, he's a high risk player. Sometimes that gives great results, and other times we get stupid picks in the red zone.

He's not perfect, but he's certainly the best we've had since TB and maybe the best we've ever had.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

FWIW, my guess is that lots of those picks came from the other 2 QBs as well. They have also shown a penchant for throwing picks in the pre-season.

My overall point was more that we probably shouldn't read too much into results from football in shorts vs. Ben and our QBs throw lots of picks.

I think Ben's pick rate was about league average last year. Although we'd maybe hope for better from a QB in the discussion for elite status, he's a high risk player. Sometimes that gives great results, and other times we get stupid picks in the red zone.

He's not perfect, but he's certainly the best we've had since TB and maybe the best we've ever had.
    I think the timing of the picks is more important than the rate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think the timing of the picks is more important than the rate.
    I think if you have a higher rate, you'll throw more picks at bad times (not that there's ever a good time to turn the ball over).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yep, we've heard this chorus before. I'll get excited about the DBs getting turnovers when I see it in the games that count.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what's not true about it?
    That we don’t have to worry about Ben. His play in the road is something to worry about.