Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering Deebo hever mentored people or even visited Shazier in the hospital....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Harrison is just another Replaceable carbon unit who destroyed his legacy at the end
    You mean this legacy?
    Cant be destroyed no matter how much you seem to want it to be.

He is gone. Good riddance. Let's focus on the future
    Until the likes of Dupree bring us a ring.....

If you want to think of Steeler champions........you gotta live in the past.

How bout Dupree erase the memory of Deebo with HIS PLAY rather than jawing about a legend and ending the year in a loss that happened because the team allowed more points than any playoff game in team history?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-19-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You mean this legacy?
    Cant be destroyed no matter how much you seem to want it to be.

Until the likes of Dupree bring us a ring.....

If you want to think of Steeler champions........you gotta live in the past.

How bout Dupree erase the memory of Deebo with HIS PLAY rather than jawing about a legend and ending the year in a loss that happened because the team allowed more points than any playoff game in team history?
    boom................................
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? "Not the Steeler way?"

Please pull up the video of ANY Steeler mentoring like I have REPEATEDLY shown Deebo doing.
    He mentored his already chosen replacement Watt ON FILM.
    He knew he wasn't the chosen starter and was a good teammate as he was being held out of preseason.

Dude got bitter because he was denied the chance to compete for pt.
    He works his "old man" body off to be ready and he is not even ACTIVATED for games?

You got tape of Ben mentoring anybody?
    You hear of him working out with his RECEIVERS all the time.
    If we draft a back......is Bell a punk if he doesn't mentor him?

When we draft a linebacker to replace Dupree and we see him eagerly helping the kid, Dupree can talk.
    You wanna bet he does jack squat to help a rookie when he is threatened?

Generally players who are secure in being the starter, are seen mentoring......if you see anybody at all.

You can talk "Steeler way" all you want.
    When JH "stopped" mentoring his own competition THAT was the norm.......its competition.
    Fact is that as Shazier implies,
    JH eagerly mentored his own replacement and ALL the linebackers including that ingrate Dupree.

Dude was the exception mentoring his own replacement, which he was happy to do before the coaches decided they thought he was worthless.

Please provide video evidence otherwise.
    dang Cap, you even spared the lube on this one.................ouch
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

The fact that Dupree did jack squat just makes him look worse in dissing Harrison.
    You gonna rip him at least make us forget him with YOUR GAME.

Fact is Dupree was hurt and took personally what JH said in the workout videos (said so during his rant) and otherwise straight slandered a player who he cant hold a candle to.

The whole media believed JH NEVER mentored and never visited Shazier......As did this board until I provided the video and JH said he did indeed visit Shazier.

The pupose of this thread is to show further proof Duprees dis of Harrison was a pure punk move.

Shazier sure seems to appreciate Harrison, as did Williams.
    NOW I get it....

This thread now has nothing to do with James Harrison and everything to do with your hate of Dupree...

Got it...carry on...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You can justify his conduct however you like, but his conduct was unwarranted...and I'm not talking about "not mentoring" or "not visiting Shazier in the hospital"...there was much more...

But, as I said, I have no ill will...
    The unwarranted part is debatable. I'd agree that the feelings should not have turned into outward actions (which hurt the team). The man was lied to, and certainly only a part of why the relationship went south in the end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Bad teammate, bordering on locker room problem last season he was here according to some Steeler players, right? As well as players reporting little to no mentoring, which is NOT the Steelers way. Do we just discount that, maybe we say the players saying that are lying and have their own agenda?

I do remember he would be on the sideline all alone, and not be celebrating when we made a great defensive play. That definitely caught my eye, "Whoa, what's up with that?" kind of thing.
    Are you talking about Bell? I swear you could take out Harrison and insert Bell here... and it seems to match up fairly well. But just think... we are getting shatter the glass ceiling with Bell's next deal.

Backup

User Info Menu

Seems like Harrison admitted to punk tactics to get off the team.

If the LB group went together and JH refused to go with them... just sayin.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The unwarranted part is debatable. I'd agree that the feelings should not have turned into outward actions (which hurt the team). The man was lied to, and certainly only a part of why the relationship went south in the end.
    Harrison was mad at the coaches and took it out on his teammates...when he left the stadium while the rest of the team stayed, it wasn’t the coaches who felt betrayed....
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Are you talking about Bell? I swear you could take out Harrison and insert Bell here... and it seems to match up fairly well. But just think... we are getting shatter the glass ceiling with Bell's next deal.
    Nobody on the team regarded Bell as a bad teammate last season...or ever...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Nobody on the team regarded Bell as a bad teammate last season...or ever...
    Bell is a villain
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB