Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell Fighting a Tough Battle

Legend

User Info Menu

Bell Fighting a Tough Battle

Seems the Steelers are not the only team regarding the RB position with less value:

Check out what Joel Corry at cbssports.com put together:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-hand/?irgwc=1

And this isn't a recent thing. It's been a decline for 5 yrs running!

bottomline, teams believe RBs can be easily replaced with cheaper alternatives. it doesn't look like Bell alone will be able reverse the trend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seems the Steelers are not the only team regarding the RB position with less value:

Check out what Joel Corry at cbssports.com put together:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-hand/?irgwc=1

And this isn't a recent thing. It's been a decline for 5 yrs running!

bottomline, teams believe RBs can be easily replaced with cheaper alternatives. it doesn't look like Bell alone will be able reverse the trend.

Wow, Barkley for Bell trade with Stains.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t give Bell and #28 for #4 and the chance to get Barkley...no thank you...

However, if Derrius Guice happens to be the best player available at #28, then I hope the Steelers take him...in the draft, I generally prefer taking the better player over filling a perceived need...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Wow, Barkley for Bell trade with Stains.
    I’d do that sign and trade deal in a heartbeat.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Id do that sign and trade deal in a heartbeat.
    As would I. And the Browns HAVE a ridiculous amount of cap space to pay Bell.

You might ask, "why make a division rival better? Fact is money spent to pay a back means less to spend elsewhere. The Browns would be smarter to draft Barkley themselves.

Overpaying elite "skill" players keeps teams down in today's NFL. Ever since the Rams of it has not worked.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I wouldn’t give Bell and #28 for #4 and the chance to get Barkley...no thank you...

However, if Derrius Guice happens to be the best player available at #28, then I hope the Steelers take him...in the draft, I generally prefer taking the better player over filling a perceived need...
    Not sure why people keep talking about trading Bell for Barkley. It’s not happening. It’s the dumbest idea I have ever heard and people continue to entertain it because the draft can’t get here soon enough.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure why people keep talking about trading Bell for Barkley. It’s not happening. It’s the dumbest idea I have ever heard and people continue to entertain it because the draft can’t get here soon enough.
    I agree...I was merely saying that I believe the Steelers should draft the best player available...if it is Guice, then so be it...if it is a potential franchise QB, then so be it...if it is Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch, or Justin Reid, then so be it...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’d do that sign and trade deal in a heartbeat.
    Me too!!!!!!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I mean...It is the Browns we're talking about ��

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

I competely agree on this.
    2018 Steelers draft picks
    ------------------------------------------------------
    RD1- Terrell Edmunds, S; Virginia Tech
    RD2- James Washington, WR; Oklahoma State
    RD3a- Mason Rudolph, QB; Oklahoma State
    RD3b- Chukwuma Okorafor, OT; Western Michigan
    RD5a- Marcus Allen, S; Penn State
    RD5b- Jaylen Samuels, RB; NC State
    RD7- Josh Frazier, DT; Alabama