Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre Draft Ramble

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    FYI, per the contract the Steelers inherited when they traded for McDonald, his salary for 2018 is fully guaranteed by now...the only
    way his hit comes off the books this year is via a trade...

If Hurst is available, he could conceivably be the BPA, though he is 24 years old already because he played professional baseball (with the Pirates organization!) out of high school...
    Slap i'm not sure thats correct

https://overthecap.com/player/vance-mcdonald/2452/

Pretty sure SF got hit with the cap
    Vance McDonald $4,200,000 Dead $$$$ on SF books for 2018

Rookie

User Info Menu

Read the last section of the contract notes on that page:

If he is on the roster on April 1st, his salary becomes guaranteed...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

for injury.......

Rookie

User Info Menu

Same thing as Shazier’s fifth year option...once that salary becomes guaranteed, you can’t cut him...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/vance-mcdonald-contract-details-salary-cap-charges/

Ahaaaa, got it.
    Just curious as to why it doesn't show like that in overthecap if he's cut?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/vance-mcdonald-contract-details-salary-cap-charges/

Ahaaaa, got it.
    Just curious as to why it doesn't show like that in overthecap if he's cut?
    That’s a good question. That might me something that has to be updated manually.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey guys, are all the opportunities for trades done by now, or will there be another window between the draft and first game of the season?

Thanks!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hoping we get LVE. He is a guy who can play inside or slide outside if Dupree leaves next year. Same for Evans as a #2 choice

I think we just let Bryant play out the year. he is affordable and I agree that he drops more big plays than he makes. He is going to be a constant tease but will never reach star level. IMO JuJu has more star potential

I think we need to grab a RB in the first 3 rounds. As much as I like Bell, the drama has to end at the end of the 2018 season.

Agree we need a Guard to replace Foster. Got better mileage out him than I ever predicted but need a young athletic guy. Saw a lot of Foster being pushed into the backfield last year.

I'd also like to grab another WR or pass catching TE like Gesicki. I like McDonald and want to keep him but our receiver depth is not as good as some make it out to be. Need to be deep with pass catchers. I'd like Dante Pettis or Braxton Berrios on Day 3

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm hoping we get LVE. He is a guy who can play inside or slide outside if Dupree leaves next year. Same for Evans as a #2 choice

I think we just let Bryant play out the year. he is affordable and I agree that he drops more big plays than he makes. He is going to be a constant tease but will never reach star level. IMO JuJu has more star potential

I think we need to grab a RB in the first 3 rounds. As much as I like Bell, the drama has to end at the end of the 2018 season.

Agree we need a Guard to replace Foster. Got better mileage out him than I ever predicted but need a young athletic guy. Saw a lot of Foster being pushed into the backfield last year.

I'd also like to grab another WR or pass catching TE like Gesicki. I like McDonald and want to keep him but our receiver depth is not as good as some make it out to be. Need to be deep with pass catchers. I'd like Dante Pettis or Braxton Berrios on Day 3
    Bryant made a ton of plays down the stretch. I think the year off and JuJu’s presence threw him off his game. Also think Haley misused Bryant and relied on bubble screens and reverse to try and get him touches but he isn’t a guy who can make people miss in close spaces.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think that Fichtner will go with what many of us have been asking for as a base offense:

3 WR (Brown, Bryant, Smith-Schuster)
    1 TE (McDonald)
    1 RB (Bell)

You then have Bryant and Brown as outside threats, JuJu and McDonald as guys who can work the intermediate and short routes but also are very good blockers in the run game, and Bell who is a threat to run or catch...