Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pre Draft Ramble

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    James also has more receptions in 3 seasons than Vance in 5 seasons.

18 more games than James but only 1 more TD.
    plus twice the cap hit ....
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    plus twice the cap hit ....
    I don't put much stock into high averages with low reps.. it's too easy to skew the numbers.

14 receptions vs 40 receptions.

Pretty sure if Vance plays 16 games his average will more than likely drop.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

true, but I doubt he keeps that ypc average if he has 40 catches this year. Not that I would mind it if it stayed the same or went up.
    Im not so much worried about the YPC average...as I am the matchup problems that he creates. In the playoff game (when we actually threw it to him), he had like 10 catches for over 100 yards.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't put much stock into high averages with low reps.. it's too easy to skew the numbers.

14 receptions vs 40 receptions.

Pretty sure if Vance plays 16 games his average will more than likely drop.
    true, and his cap hit would still be twice that of james
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    true, and his cap hit would still be twice that of james
    We are getting a solid starting TE for 3.7 million 2018. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned.
    San Fran paid twice as much for him on a 3 year deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im not so much worried about the YPC average...as I am the matchup problems that he creates. In the playoff game (when we actually threw it to him), he had like 10 catches for over 100 yards.
    yeah, we did a great job dumping it off to him after going vertical to stay in the game.

While he had a good stat line it wasn’t due to mismatches, we just beat the Jags deep so often they were letting us go underneath to burn clock.

im excited to see if he can put together a full season but I fear he will always miss a few games due to injury.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 04-09-2018 at 07:58 PM.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah, we did a great job dumping it off to him after going vertical to stay in the game.

While he had a good stat line it wasn’t due to mismatches, we just beat the Jags deep so often they were letting us go underneath to burn clock.

im excited to see if he can put together a full season but I fear he will always miss a few games due to injury.
    My comments on him creating potential "Mismatches" weren't necessarily tied to the playoff game. Regardless, I think we would both agree that he's a weapon. Let's see if the new OC can find a way to maximize his talents. (Same with Bryant).
    Last edited by Ernie; 04-09-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    My comments on him creating potential "Mismatches" weren't necessarily tied to the playoff game. Regardless, I think we would both agree that he's a weapon. Let's see if the new OC can find a way to maximize his talents. (Same with Bryant).
    definitely!!