Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben and Mike

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or pretty sad that there have to be such posts...
    Who cares what squid's views on Tomlin are. He is entitled to have his opinion just like everyone else. I don't believe he actually wants the Steelers to lose in spite of Tomlin. I doubt that.

Quite frankly, I support criticism of the team. Fans have a tendency to have blinders on and think every decision made is good because they can't take emotion out of the equation and look at thinks objectively.

Similar to draft picks, people get into love fests with the players we draft but fail to understand that there are 31 other teams that drafted too. Just because our player was good doesn't mean the other teams (even one's after our pick) didn't draft better.
    God forbid, everyone doesn't agree with each other.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Tomlin made the Pats** comment...and then the Steelers won...and when they played the Pats**, they also won until Al Riveron said they didn’t...

You didn’t like what Tomlin said, but that didn’t stop the Steelers from winning...
    They didn't win. Get over it. The rule sucks. They implemented the rule correctly.

Then, instead of using the review time to get their **** together, Ben, Haley and Tomlin spent most of the time separated, jerking off or doing whatever else.

What followed, was a moronic play that resulted in a INT where multiple players didn't know the play, didn't know their assignments and most just standed in place after the snap.

Good all around coaching and execution.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Who cares what squid's views on Tomlin are. He is entitled to have his opinion just like everyone else. I don't believe he actually wants the Steelers to lose in spite of Tomlin. I doubt that.

Quite frankly, I support criticism of the team. Fans have a tendency to have blinders on and think every decision made is good because they can't take emotion out of the equation and look at thinks objectively.

Similar to draft picks, people get into love fests with the players we draft but fail to understand that there are 31 other teams that drafted too. Just because our player was good doesn't mean the other teams (even one's after our pick) didn't draft better.
    God forbid, everyone doesn't agree with each other.
    This is Steel Maniac and I approve of this post. LOL

Banned

User Info Menu

What followed, was a moronic play that resulted in a INT where multiple players didn't know the play, didn't know their assignments and most just standed in place after the snap.

Good all around coaching and execution.
    But Tomlin gets a pass on that too from most posters. That play infuriates me to think about. Ben throwing the ball into a ton of guys in the end zone when if you see that, you throw it away and kick the field goal for overtime. It's that simple.

Legend

User Info Menu

The play where Tomlin is seen screaming no at Ben for an ill advised throw is Tomlins fault?

Okay

From what I see more times than not we are in a position to win most games.

Just because we don’t win every game doesn’t mean Tomlin is failing as a coach.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-27-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The play where Tomlin is seek screaming no at Ben for an ill advised throw is Tomlins fault?

Okay.
    Why wasn't Tomlin collaborating with his QB and OC during the review process which took damn near an eternity. Maybe, the players would have known what the damn play call was. It was one of the worst coaching displays I've seen all year.

The oline, Bell and many others just stood there like it was supposed to be a spike. How could everyone be so confused. I know why! It doesn't take a god damn rocket scientist. No one actually communicated during the review process so the team knew the play. Ben is equally at fault.

They were doing NOTHING during the review process. The OC, HC and QB weren't even talking.

I guess I just have to high of expectations. I shouldnt expect coaches to, ya know, actually coach.

Maybe they are just overpaid janitors?!?!

Then, typical Ben, throws his coaches under the bus after the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The play where Tomlin is seen screaming no at Ben for an ill advised throw is Tomlins fault?

Okay

From what I see more times than not we are in a position to win most games.

Just because we don’t win every game doesn’t mean Tomlin is failing as a coach.
    The best time for Tomlin to tell Ben not to throw might have been BEFORE they went back on the field and started the play. Ben and Haley were responsible for the debacle -- but I don't see how the HC should get a pass. Open your mouth and make it clear what you want in a crucial situation like that. You've gotta have some communication--they didn't. Result, big fail and a loss.

It's true that "just because we don't win every game doesn't mean Tomlin is failing as a coach." But at the end of the season and in the playoffs, he failed in some pretty big moments (see esp. the Jacksonville game). IMO, he needs to feel a little heat to get that turned around.

Hopefully he does, and leads us to a couple more Super Bowl wins (or more).
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Ruke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Banned

User Info Menu

Why wasn't Tomlin collaborating with his QB and OC during the review process which took damn near an eternity. Maybe, the players would have known what the damn play call was. It was one of the worst coaching displays I've seen all year.

The oline, Bell and many others just stood there like it was supposed to be a spike. How could everyone be so confused. I know why! It doesn't take a god damn rocket scientist. No one actually communicated during the review process so the team knew the play. Ben is equally at fault.

They were doing NOTHING during the review process. The OC, HC and QB weren't even talking.

I guess I just have to high of expectations. I shouldnt expect coaches to, ya know, actually coach.

All of the above falls squarely at the feet of the coach. People can't keep giving Tomlin a pass, year after year. It has been 10 years since we won anything and that's 10 years worth of excuses. Especially the last 5 years when this team should have been in the Super Bowl at least once.

Yet..there's always a bug a boo for Tomlin. For a year and a half it was the Ravens..and during that time, they came in and eliminated us in the playoffs..at home; and Seven straight losses to the Patriots; and now , the Jags own us!

Always excuses for why going on ten years and counting, he can't get it done....IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Um, I believe there was another play after the overturn of the James catch and the interception. Did you want Tomlin to see into the future and realize Ben was going to throw short of the endzone and we were going to be tackled? What did you want them to do during the review process, say to Ben throw it short and then when we are tackled fake the spike and throw a TD? Or call a play that will get them a TD right then and there?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Um, I believe there was another play after the overturn of the James catch and the interception. Did you want Tomlin to see into the future and realize Ben was going to throw short of the endzone and we were going to be tackled? What did you want them to do during the review process, say to Ben throw it short and then when we are tackled fake the spike and throw a TD? Or call a play that will get them a TD right then and there?
    During the review process, you call two plays. You make sure Ben knows that if he doesn't get the TD on 2nd down, then on 3rd down you either a) get your teammates lined up quickly and spike it, or b) run a pass play--but if there's no one wide open then throw it out of the end zone. Then you could at least try for a tying FG on 4th down and go to overtime. They had plenty of time to go over all those things, if they would have indeed wanted to do so.
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Ruke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois