Starter

User Info Menu

OT: sam Darnold

I hope the Browns draft him, he looks so annoying! fits perfect

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I hope the Browns draft him, he looks so annoying! fits perfect
    I think he is fools gold. A Trojan horse.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Well...Cleveland it is then 😝

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I see what you did there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I too am not sold on Darnold. But he looks locked into the Browns and he’ll have a year to sit before he becomes forever linked to the factory of sadness. God help him.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-23-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I too am not sold on Darnold. But he looks lock into the Browns and he’ll have a year to sit before he becomes forever linked to the factory of sadness. God help him.
    If they forego Barkley for this guy they deserve every bad thing that happens to them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If they forego Barkley for this guy they deserve every bad thing that happens to them.
    If Buffalo does trade up with the Giants for a QB as has been rumored, then Cleveland could take their pick of the QB's at #1, and after the Bills and Jets take QB's at #2 and #3, they could still land Saquon at #4.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Buffalo does trade up with the Giants for a QB as has been rumored, then Cleveland could take their pick of the QB's at #1, and after the Bills and Jets take QB's at #2 and #3, they could still land Saquon at #4.
    Yeah, in a weird way a trade would help them tremendously.
    Even the Giants themselves are thought by many to take take a QB of the future.
    I think the only reason they would not bite on an offer is if they were going QB.

Kinda a no brainer to go QB for the Browns and they are the "no brainer" team so even they cant get it wrong.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-22-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    OR... the Browns could take Barkley #1 and know that one of the top tier QB's will still be there 3 picks later.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Giants may want a QB for themselves, but they could also use an elite RB like Barkley (they just signed the elderly Jonathan Stewart, and besides that they only have guys like Orleans Darkwa, Paul Perkins, Wayne Gallman and Shane Vereen), their biggest overall team weakness has been their o-line, so they could use a true stud anchor like Quenton Nelson, and with the trade of J.P.P. yesterday, they would also use a top pass rusher like Bradley Chubb. Many options there, but if they moved all the way back to 12 in a trade with Buffalo, although they'd gain a boatload of picks, they'd miss out on all of these top level prospects.

How about this instead? Indy already moved down once from pick 3 to pick 6 and got 3 second round picks (2 this year and 1 next year) from the Jets (the Jets really overpaid here). Their new GM said that they would be interested in moving down again to really accelerate his rebuild.

What if the Bills traded up from 12 to 6 with the Colts, giving them picks 2.56 and 4.121 (that would give Indy what should still be a really good player at pick 12 and then 4 second round picks this year, a third, and 2 fourths as well). Quite a draft haul for a guy looking to totally rebuild his roster from the ground up.

Then Buffalo could move from 6 to 2 with the Giants, giving them picks 1.22 and 3.65. The Bills would get the QB that they want at #2 and would still have picks 2.53 and 3.96 in their pocket as well, so they wouldn't totally be mortgaging their future to get their QB.

Assuming that the Browns, Bills, and Jets all take QB's, then the Giants at 6 would still be guaranteed to get one of Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson, or Bradley Chubb, plus they'd have another first round pick at 22, and 3 third round picks as well. Could be beneficial for all teams...
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope