Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft

Backup

User Info Menu

Draft

With the signings of Bostic and Burnett...I would love to see the Steelers trade down a litgle, and grab Safety Harrison or Reid, then grab TE Gisecki...I think Gisecki would be the TE they envisioned in Ladarius Green...Would make the offense scary good, and they D " better " Withthe limited amount of cap room we have...Thoughts?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They may opt to take Bell's replacement early in the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    They may opt to take Bell's replacement early in the draft.
    Please.......Sony Micheal or Guice would give us some real flexibility at runningback. You never know; Bell might not want to show up until week 9 or 10. We need options

Legend

User Info Menu

I would love to see us draft a stud on D. Another LB or a DL who can help us stop the run and get pressure on the QB.

TE is a luxury pick IMO.

Actually, I still think we are drafting ILB early in this draft.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-20-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Actually, I still think we are drafting ILB early in this draft.
    Agree. I hope we still take a FS early as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We may; but we have some flexibility now to go BPA. That's the point Buzz was making.

Right now, it all depends on Colbert's draftboard. As a Steeler fan, wouldn't you just love to be sitting in the war room during the draft? See the big board and watching how a stud falls to us?

Man I'm hoping like hell that 5-6 QB's go before our pick. Maybe a couple of RB too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Typical Steelers. This opens up a lot of options now. If the Steelers love a QB, TE, OLB it is in play, along with ILB and S.

OLB as a possible 2019 replacement for Dupree - as well as the obvious lack of depth.

TE to take over from McDonald - allows a savings of $4M+

QB - heir apparent (note that this is only if they love a QB, not arguing for any of the guys)

Legend

User Info Menu

What if the team plans to get everything they can out of offensive starters Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant, and Ramon Foster this season in their last year of contracts, and then let them all walk away in free agency after this year?

Although we all expected another defense-heavy draft haul with our prime draft picks, could they opt to use our early picks in this draft to target potential replacements for each of these offensive starters instead? The rookies would be backup insurance for us in 2018, learning behind those aforementioned vets, before starting on offense in 2019 if each of them move on.

Something like...
    1. RB Derrius Guice, LSU
    2. C/G Billy Price, OSU (Buckeyes)
    3. WR DaeSean Hamilton, PSU

or

1. RB Sony Michel, UGA
    2. WR James Washington, OSU (Cowboys)
    3. C/G Scott Quessenberry, UCLA
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im good with getting Bell's replacement and a defensive stud early. I actually like BJ Finney to come in and start at that G after Foster leaves.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Agree. I hope we still take a FS early as well.
    ditto. And i think Vander Esch is still the guy - but, they won't stress if he isn't there. My gut says he won't be... Rams, maybe...
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 03-20-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!