Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Morgan Burnett

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Morgan Burnett

Rumour has it he is coming is expected to sign with us!

I was just reading abouot him, kept saying that he is a "complete safety" does everything well. Cover, solid tackler, supports the run.

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/packersb_logo.gif
    Green Bay's defense has been atrocious in recent seasons, but don't blame Morgan Burnett. The 29-year-old is the centerpiece of Green Bay's defense, playing numerous positions. He should be able to perform on an extremely high level for at least three more years.

At first, I was thinking he was too old at 29. We usually sign FA who are going on 2nd contract.

Other thoughts on Honey badger, I was all for us picking him up, ( high stake hig reward) but I was a bit skeptic due to his injuries and heard how he was a big ego/ not team player. His signing with Houston just showed that, wasn't he asked to take a pay cut from his 19M, and refused so they cut him. Then he goes and signs with Houston at a paycut of 7 M, one year.

Are we going to cut Wilcox now or keep him post draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Loving this! Kudos to the FO for addressing the Defense's biggest needs prior to the draft.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He’s played a little of everything (SS, FS, CB), and started a lot of games in a 3-4 Zone Blitz defense...

It puts a capable starter on the roster and gives maximum draft flexibility...

I hope it happens...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dam Front office...Pretending they don't know what they are doing.

It would be good signing. Simply put...All starters would be under contract. Wide open draft.

James, LVE, Evans gone...Landry or Vea slip..Gesicki...I'm in.

A True BPA in the first. Some may not be happy!

I would still like a vet 2 Gap NT. Draft DE later for depth.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-20-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

How is this even possible?

I thought we couldnt do
    anything with Bell?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great signing. Probably the best available Safety. Awesome in run support and will make our Safeties totally interchangeable. Similar to when we signed Ryan Clark at age 27. He is not the big hitter Clark was, but hey, not many are. I love this signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I thought we couldnt do
    anything with Bell?
    Maybe they're going to pull the tag on Bell and let him go. Or maybe Ben agreed to a restructure/extension.

Also, they can make up some of the diff by axing JJ Wilcox and his $3.5 million/year salary.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-20-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    2024 Mock Draft 1.0

#20 -- JC Latham, OT Alabama
    #51 -- Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    #84 -- Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
    #98 -- Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
    #119 -- Payton Wilson, LB, NC State
    #178 -- Micah Abraham, CB, Marshall
    #195 -- Khristian Boyd, DL, Northern Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Great signing. Probably the best available Safety. Awesome in run support and will make our Safeties totally interchangeable. Similar to when we signed Ryan Clark at age 27. He is not the big hitter Clark was, but hey, not many are. I love this signing.
    Much better addition than the honey badger would have been, IMO, and better than Eric Reid, too. I didn't see it coming because I didn't think the Steelers would/could spend that much money.
    2024 Mock Draft 1.0

#20 -- JC Latham, OT Alabama
    #51 -- Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    #84 -- Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
    #98 -- Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
    #119 -- Payton Wilson, LB, NC State
    #178 -- Micah Abraham, CB, Marshall
    #195 -- Khristian Boyd, DL, Northern Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I thought we couldnt do
    anything with Bell?
    As usual, our big UFA splash is the internal guy. Then, we went with low cost guys that are high risk (injury concern at ILB) or old (at FS) at positions of need. I think that this was pretty much the expected result because the team didn't want to let Bell walk, I don't think anyone's going to want to trade for him, and he's not willing to sign the lucrative long term deal the team offered.

I think that these two additions suggest that we won't get torched on D and the O should still be awesome.

I like that this allows us to lean more towards BPA (to the usual BPA at a position of at least moderate need).

I also like that both guys we picked up seem to have some versatility. That should give us some flexibility going into the 2019 season (if Bostic doesn't get hurt and Burnett doesn't sharply decline). If they get passed by the guys we draft, there should still be room for these guys. Maybe Bostic competing with Williams or Burnett in nickle or dime.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Much better addition than the honey badger would have been, IMO, and better than Eric Reid, too. I didn't see it coming because I didn't think the Steelers would/could spend that much money.
    Yep.. I too like him more then the honey badger. Props to Colbert for working it out. I’m really excited about this signing.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-20-2018 at 09:04 AM.