Page 188 of 195 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1947

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Good one. He has come up before in these conversations. He is the solitary exception to the rule with runningbacks. There are maybe 1 or 2 receivers as well. I'm going to work now but I'll be back to express my thoughts on why that exception happened
    there is no exception. It happened.

Plus he probably supplied one of the most exciting playoff runs in NFL history against the Saints.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Plus he probably supplied one of the most exciting playoff runs in NFL history against the Saints.
    I don't think I'm getting the dates wrong here. The Seahawks had cap space to throw to an elite RB because they had a good QB on a rookie deal from 2012 - 2015 (4 years $3M with a $620k signing bonus)?

Not coincidentally, they represented the NFC in the SB in 2014 and 2015.

They haven't been back to a SB since their QB was on his 2nd contract.

You can pay use lots of cap space for elite RB (or WR) if you have a cheap QB. And you'll be competitive if your cheap QB is above average to very good.

The trick is being consistently successful when you have a market level QB that's above average to very good.

And spending lots of money on RB doesn't seem to be a good idea in that situation. And we're in that situation with Ben.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-26-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You do understand what an "exception" is?
    If it did not "happen" there would be NO exception.

Of course it happened...ONCE.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    It is not cherry picking. Do the reverse Dizz. Cherry pick the recent teams that won a SB paying a back elite money. Just save time and jump back 20 years.
    [Deville's Advocate]
    When Brady's won about half of 'em, I would imagine you could cherry pick at MANY positions... basically whatever they didn't invest heavily in....
    [/Deville's Advocate]
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Jamie Newman, QB, UGA
    2. Jabril Cox, ILB, LSU

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    [Deville's Advocate]
    When Brady's won about half of 'em, I would imagine you could cherry pick at MANY positions... basically whatever they didn't invest heavily in....
    [/Deville's Advocate]
    And the big thing with their roster construction is that they saved a ton of cap space because the best QB of this generation was in favor of being underpaid by enough money to add someone like Stephon Gilmore.

It's a HUGE advantage to be able to add a very good to elite player on D without sacrificing somewhere else.

I do think that Lemming is right that extra cap space is better spent on impact players on D when you have a very good QB (and I agree with him FWIW)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    And the big thing with their roster construction is that they saved a ton of cap space because the best QB of this generation was in favor of being underpaid by enough money to add someone like Stephon Gilmore.

It's a HUGE advantage to be able to add a very good to elite player on D without sacrificing somewhere else.

I do think that Lemming is right that extra cap space is better spent on impact players on D when you have a very good QB (and I agree with him FWIW)
    I agree with him also.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't think I'm getting the dates wrong here. The Seahawks had cap space to throw to an elite RB because they had a good QB on a rookie deal from 2012 - 2015 (4 years $3M with a $620k signing bonus)?

Not coincidentally, they represented the NFC in the SB in 2014 and 2015.

They haven't been back to a SB since their QB was on his 2nd contract.

You can pay use lots of cap space for elite RB (or WR) if you have a cheap QB. And you'll be competitive if your cheap QB is above average to very good.

The trick is being consistently successful when you have a market level QB that's above average to very good.

And spending lots of money on RB doesn't seem to be a good idea in that situation. And we're in that situation with Ben.
    Would you take Henry on the Steelers for the contract he signed with the Titans?

Legend

User Info Menu

Add Le’Veon Bell to the ‘I got better when I escaped Adam Gase’ list

https://sports.yahoo.com/add-le-veon...165043069.html

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Would you take Henry on the Steelers for the contract he signed with the Titans?
    Hell of a question!!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hell of a question!!
    Hell of an answer