Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Does it mean anything to you that Conner is better at running the ball into the end zone than Bell?
    Nope. Not when we miss the playoffs.

Everyone was all giddy over the first half of last season when we played some of he worst run defenses in the league but the second half was pretty lackluster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Nope. Not when we miss the playoffs.
    Yet we scored over 20 more points in 2018 WITHOUT BELL than in 2017.
    Seems to me the fact that we gave up over 50 more points in 2018 accounts for missing the playoffs, not Bell.

Like always Dizz, you give far to much credit/blame to the offense and fail to realized that during this era our teams success level has ZERO to do with who we have at offensive skill positions and EVERYTHING to do with how effective the defense is.

The number above AGAIN make that point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Look at the history of the Ben era Steelers people. There is ZERO correlation between offensive firepower and actual success.

To the contrary, our most successful seasons correlate to better defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

During the "Ben era" the lowest ranked team in offensive yardage.....2008. Also ranked 20th in scoring.
    Defense? Number 1.

Anybody recall how that season ended?

With an amazing catch by greatest receiver in the NFL, Antonio Br....oh wait.......not "Antonio", I meant "Santonio"
    Almost forgot that pesky "S"
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-18-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Most offensive touchdowns in Steeler history.....2018

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Look at the history of the Ben era Steelers people. There is ZERO correlation between offensive firepower and actual success.

Boom.........
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Most offensive touchdowns in Steeler history.....2018
    Which is exactly why I’ve been saying the key to the coming season IS the defense; especially the back seven.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Which is exactly why I’ve been saying the key to the coming season IS the defense; especially the back seven.
    That is the key.....gotta hit on some of these new and/or young secondary players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sour grapes because he did not sign?
    I have THANKED HIM for not signing the stupidly high deal we offered him.
    I am ALSO the only person on this forum to my recall that publicly said here that I did not want to sign Brown to his deal......AT THE TIME he signed.

We have had the unquestionably best RB/ Wr "tandem" in the league for half a decade. Rings"? Zip.

You know who got rings since Brown and Bell have blessed our team with their HOF caliber numbers?

THEIR STEELER BACKUPS......Blount and E Sanders

AS I HAVE CONTENDED FOR YEARS......big investment in elite backs and receivers= money poorly spent.

History has proved my contention CORRECT time and time again.
    The Steelers gave Bell a fair deal. Brown and Bell helped the Steelers win a lot of games. Brown continued to play at a high level last year. No one could had guessed that he was going to act out the way that he did.

It takes a team to win the Superbowl. A successful team/season doesn't simply boil down to winning the Supberbowl. The goal of an organization is to put the best team on the field that they can within reason. The Steelers had their share of opportunities to compete for the Superbowls with Brown and Bell. Just because the team fell short shouldn't diminish those player's contributions to the team's success.

Teams always did and always will pay big money to skilled positioned players whether you agree or disagree. Skilled position players are needed to help teams win games. When team's have elite players regardless of position they should try to keep them (within reason).

I don't believe it's money that's poorly spent if those players help teams win games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Better send a letter to the Steelers brass cause the salary cap has been waaay skewed to the offense in the last 5 yrs.