Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    He wasn't as gangster in 2017 as he was in 2016, by quite a margin. And 2018 gangsterism was limited to jet-skis. What I think fans forget is what a douchbag Bell is without a football in his hands. And let's not forget he's a half-wit - the man actually voluntarily took a pay cut to leave the Steelers and play for the dog-ass Jets. Dim bulb. Many acuity experts suspect his IQ is in low 80s.
    I suspect the acuity experts could come up with some plausible reasons why Bell made decisions that he believed were in his best interest. Bell wasn't as dumb or malicious as some sour Steelers fans paint him.

Bell was a good player for the Steelers. I wish Bell and the Steelers could had worked out a deal. I suspect that if the Steelers and Bell could had worked out a deal then fans wouldn't be sour towards the man. At the end of the day Bell probably didn't get the deal he expected. He did good for himself thought.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Iím hoping he gives the Pats fits next year.

I canít lie, I like watching a generational talent run the rock while breaking defenders ankles and stiff arming guys. Iím a fan of great RBís.
    it's been 18 months since Le'Veon last played in a NFL game. it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this has on his skills...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I suspect the acuity experts could come up with some plausible reasons why Bell made decisions that he believed were in his best interest. Bell wasn't as dumb or malicious as some sour Steelers fans paint him.
    "Sour Steelers fans"?

I don't think anyone thought Bell was especially malicious, even when he was jerking team around like a jagoff, and taking some completely unwarranted shots at the team when the screen door was hitting him. But knowledgeable and informed Steelers fans know what a dim bulb he is. We can prove it, even under today's lightened standards. We are the best. The best there is, or ever will be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it's been 18 months since Le'Veon last played in a NFL game. it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this has on his skills...
    I don't think it will effect his skills maybe his timing may be off to start the season. It will be interesting to see what happens if he comes out and puts up huge numbers and the effect that will have on running backs across the league. Will guys look at sitting out entire seasons as an option to keep their bodies fresh?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I don't think it will effect his skills maybe his timing may be off to start the season. It will be interesting to see what happens if he comes out and puts up huge numbers and the effect that will have on running backs across the league. Will guys look at sitting out entire seasons as an option to keep their bodies fresh?
    I think the issues I'd be worried about were his large drop in YPC and lack of long runs.

The Steelers ran him a ton and decline comes for all players.

At worst, I think he'll be a great receiving option out of the back field and in pass pro.

But if he's lost some of his elite acceleration (I think fast twitch skills go before strength), I think it might be a dramatic fall from elite RB with patience to escape bad situations to guy who gets caught in the back field a lot.

We'll see when the season starts.

I'm fine if he has a monster year or if he flames out (AB too). I just want us to be able to compete for the next trophy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

People act like Bell was horrible in 2017 and hasn’t played for 3 years.

I posted his stats for his last 4 games.There wasn’t a huge drop off in production. He didn’t have long runs but I think part of that is due to he way teams started defending him. It will be interesting seeing if teams remain disciplined and change the way they attack him... which is waiting on him to make a move instead of running hard at him and getting juked out of their jock straps.

As far as RB’s sitting out. Zeke is already rumored to sit out due to a lack of contract talks. We will see if he holds out or if it’s just tough talk.

Starter

User Info Menu

Yes, I heard some may consider sitting out 2, even 3 years, to keep fresh. The "Bell Sabbatical" they call it. It may spread to other positions. QBs, Tight Ends, OLBS. Probably not kickers, but who knows?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Yes, I heard some may consider sitting out 2, even 3 years, to keep fresh. The "Bell Sabbatical" they call it. It may spread to other positions. QBs, Tight Ends, OLBS. Probably not kickers, but who knows?
    We’ve already seen a few players “retire” and then come back a year later. All they really wanted was to get out of their contract and move to a new team.

I don’t know if it will become more popular but we shall see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post

Bell was a good player for the Steelers. I wish Bell and the Steelers could had worked out a deal. I suspect that if the Steelers and Bell could had worked out a deal then fans wouldn't be sour towards the man. At the end of the day Bell probably didn't get the deal he expected. He did good for himself thought.
    Sour grapes because he did not sign?
    I have THANKED HIM for not signing the stupidly high deal we offered him.
    I am ALSO the only person on this forum to my recall that publicly said here that I did not want to sign Brown to his deal......AT THE TIME he signed.

We have had the unquestionably best RB/ Wr "tandem" in the league for half a decade. Rings"? Zip.

You know who got rings since Brown and Bell have blessed our team with their HOF caliber numbers?

THEIR STEELER BACKUPS......Blount and E Sanders

AS I HAVE CONTENDED FOR YEARS......big investment in elite backs and receivers= money poorly spent.

History has proved my contention CORRECT time and time again.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-18-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

My only interest in Bell this year is how he does in games vs. PIT, BAL, CIN, CLE, and NE X 2.

I want to see him run really well in weeks 2, 3, 7, 13, and 15, then get shut down in week 16.

Other than that, his performance this season doesn't mean anything at all to me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.